I am pleased to offer this brief but worthwhile Hurricane Harvey-related commentary by my esteemed predecessor as Director of LCMS Disaster Response, the Rev. Glenn F. Merritt, now retired in Arlington, Texas.
All posts by... Ross Johnson
*This is Part two of seven in a series of Basic Theology of Mercy Work Series* Lutheran Congregational Mercy Work There has recently been a resurgence of congregational mercy work across the congregations in the LCMS. Much of this was due to the guidance of Harrison, who wrote to pastors and lay leaders of the […]
*This is Part 1 of 7: A Basic Theology of Mercy Work* “Mercy Work,” as it will be defined herein (Christian care for those in need – in body, mind, or spirit), flows directly from God’s mercy to us. The frequent apostolic blessing of “grace, mercy, and peace” should remind us of the importance of […]
A new devotional resource for people going through tragedy is now available from LCMS Disaster Response, The Lord’s Mercy Endures Forever: 40 Daily Devotions of God’s Comfort. Jesus said, “In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). Even as little children, we learn that life isn’t […]
It’s not often that the synod in convention approves something unanimously but this year at convention there was overwhelming support and praise for the work of LCMS Disaster Response. Although when you see the stats it’s easy to see why. Take a look at the resolution.
Live Q&A webinar with Randy Wolf and Stephen Born from the District Disaster Response Team of the Central Illinois District on Tuesday July 5th at 1:00 PM to take all of your questions.
- Mark Hofman
- Herb Mueller
- Bart Day
- Terry Dittmer
- Terry Schmidt
- Rebecca Schmidt
- Heath Curtis
- Roosevelt Gray
- Todd Kollbaum
- Steve Schave
- Marcus Zill
- Ross Johnson
- Joel Hempel
- Michael Meyer
- Amy Gray
- Mark Kiessling
- Mark Wood
- Tracy Quaethem
- Mona Fuerstenau
- Peter Slayton
- Julianna Shults
- James Lohman
- Roy Askins
- James Baneck
- Rachel Bomberger
Topics & Categories
- KFUO Audio: U.S. Air Force colonel suspended for marriage beliefs November 16, 2017
- Nancy Zieman, host of Wisconsin Public Television’s ‘Sewing with Nancy,’ dies at 64 November 16, 2017
- Life Together with President Harrison – November 2017 November 15, 2017
- Registration opens for first Lutheran School Administrators Conference November 15, 2017
- Miriam: She was an inspiration to many sewists like myself...
- SUSAN HUGGER: May she rest in peace. Praying for the family. Lov...
- Josephine Rowe: Nancy's reputation and character exceeded her tal...
- Alesia Reinisch: You've got that right! Even the church is becomin...