Reporter is the official newspaper of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, and it is produced every month for LCMS professional church workers and lay leaders.
Reporter reaches more than 34,000 of the most influential decision-makers in our 2.1 million-member church body — LCMS pastors, teachers, chaplains, deaconesses, lay ministers, congregational chairmen and elders, parish assistants, directors of Christian outreach and directors of Christian education.
For just pennies per customer, you reach the people you need to reach — the people most interested in what you offer.
View a sample issue above, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy.
|Ad Size||1X||3X**||6X**||Add Process 4-color|
*Rates are per issue and for black ink only.
**3X and 6X reflect a per-issue discount for placing multiple advertisements within a 12-month period.
|Edition||Ad Cut-off Date||Artwork Due||Print Date|
|Size||Inches Wide||Inches Deep||View Pages|
|Full Page||9 13/16 (4 cols)||15||Full Page Ad PDF|
||9 13/16 (4 cols)||7 1/2||1/2 Page Ad PDF|
|4 13/16 (2 cols)||15|
|1/4 Page||2 5/16 (1 col)||15||1/4 Page Ad PDF|
|4 13/16 (2 cols)||7 1/2|
|7 5/16 (3 cols)||4 15/16|
|9 13/16 (4 cols)||3 11/16|
|1/8 Page||2 5/16 (1 col)||7 1/2||1/8 Page Ads PDF|
|4 13/16 (2 cols)||3 11/16|
|7 5/16 (3 cols)||2 1/2|
|9 13/16 (4 cols)||1 7/8|
|1/16 Page||2 5/16 (1 col)||3||1/16 Page Ads PDF|
|4 13/16 (2 cols)||1 7/8|
Note: Each Reporter page measures 11 X 17 inches.
Booking an Advertisment
Reporter accepts advertisements for products and services that are nationally available and would be used by congregations and their members.
If you are interested in placing an ad with Reporter:
- Contact Bonnie Parker by e-mail at email@example.com or at 314-996-1202 to determine if space is available.
- Provide us with the following information to be reviewed by the executive editor:
- a description of your company and services,
- a description of your product,
- intended ad message, and
- sample ad copy, if available.
Note: We reserve the right to reject or cancel any advertisement at any time.
Reporter does not provide ad composition services. The following information should guide you when producing your ads:
- Black text, borders and rules should be in 100 percent black. Do not use RGB, spot colors or LAB color.
- Use the “U.S. Web Uncoated v.2” profiles to convert RGB photos to CMYK.
- Black-and-white images should be in Grayscale mode.
- Photo resolution: minimum 225 dpi; maximum 300 dpi.
- Line-art (1-bit) resolution: minimum 600 dpi; maximum 1,200 dpi.
- No bleeds
- Design your ad in InDesign, Quark, or other layout software. Do not build ads in Photoshop.
- Send final ad art as a high-res PDF — Contact Reporter for recommended PDF export settings.
- Recommended design practices for best reproduction on newsprint include:
- Minimum size for color text in a serif font: 12 points
- Minimum size for color text in a sans serif font: 8 points
- Minimum size for reverse (white) text on a 4-color process background: 12 points
- Minimum size for reverse (white) text on a single-color background: 10 points
- Minimum size for a 4-color rule or stroke: 2 points
- Total ink coverage (the sum of percentages of each ink used in a 4-color process mix) should not exceed 260%. This applies both to all 4 color process elements: images, text, strokes, fills, etc.
We only accept ads in PDF format. Submit ads electronically via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct any questions on ad production to Bonnie at 314-996-1202.