The Rev. Dr. Donald J. Fondow was elected to his sixth three-year term as president of the LCMS Minnesota North District at the district’s 23rd convention, April 9–11 in Alexandria, Minn.
Fondow, of Park Rapids, Minn., was elected on the first ballot.
Also elected were:
- Rev. Dr. Karl A. Weber of Ottertail, Minn., as first vice-president;
- Rev. Kirk Lee of Parkers Prairie, Minn., as second vice-president; and
- Rev. Brady Finnern of Sartell, Minn., as third vice-president.
The elected officers were installed during the convention.
Under the convention theme “Here We Stand: On Christ Alone … Our Cornerstone,” delegates adopted resolutions to:
- encourage a districtwide emphasis on learning the “great stories of the Bible.” The convention approved launching a program that urges pastors and congregation members to read at least five Bible stories a week. To further encourage biblical literacy, the district is working with Concordia Publishing House and others to provide a discount for a limited time on certain CPH story Bibles purchased through the district website.
- encourage the district and its congregations to “explore and utilize opportunities for Hispanic and Latino ministry” through more intentional outreach. The resolution also asks the district to explore hiring a facilitator to assist congregations in those outreach efforts.
- reaffirm the district’s commitment to the traditional, biblical six-day Creation account in the midst of modern-day challenges to the veracity of that account.
Posted April 13, 2018