By Vicki Biggs
ST. LOUIS — “Cross Edges,” a collection of five new programs aimed at young adults and offering fresh talk about Lutheran Christianity in the 21st century, began Dec. 2 on The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod-owned Worldwide KFUO.
The Cross Edges programs are:
- Monday: Cross Defense — Host: the Rev. Rod Zwonitzer. Dig into Christian apologetics to get answers to the hard questions skeptics ask about the faith.
- Tuesday: Concord Matters — Hosts: the Rev. Rod Zwonitzer, the Rev. Craig Donofrio, the Rev. Charlie Henrickson and the Rev. Joshua Scheer. Join in a lively, roundtable discussion for the layperson on the Lutheran Confessions.
- Wednesday: Culture and Christianity — Host: Lori Lewis. Featuring a look into the vocations and lives of today’s top musicians, artists, scholars and more, the program addresses the place of Christians in modern culture as they serve God and their neighbors.
- Thursday: The God Whisperers — Hosts: the Rev. Craig Donofrio and the Rev. Bill Cwirla. This offbeat program features observations of the everyday life of Christians with humor and intelligence.
- Friday: Book Talk — Host: the Rev. Rod Zwonitzer. Join in for a look at literature and how the writings of today’s best authors intersect with the faith.
Cross Edges airs Monday-Friday from 2-3 p.m. CST on KFUO-AM 850, streams live at kfuoam.org and is archived for “on-demand” listening.
“This dynamic new program hour is designed for young adults ages 18-35,” said Zwonitzer, director of broadcast services at KFUO. “Young adults often have particular struggles with faith and how church teaching intersects with pop culture and everyday life. The Cross Edges programs are designed to address those struggles. While we invite people of all ages to tune in, we are reaching out with Cross Edges particularly to young men and women in this age group.”
Listeners are encouraged to participate in the program by sending in questions and comments. To join in, call 800-730-2727 or 314-821-0850 or send an email to email@example.com.
Worldwide KFUO is the listener-supported broadcast ministry of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. The station provides high-quality, distinctively Lutheran programming streamed live 24/7 at kfuo.org, which includes the programming of KFUO-AM 850 and classical music via classic99.com.
Vicki Biggs is director of Public Relations for The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
Updated Dec. 3, 2013