The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod World Relief and Human Care, St. Louis, seeks to fill the position of communications services director. The person in this position will effectively communicate the work of the LCMS World Relief and Human Care to its constituencies and invite their participation. Other duties include the development of production schedules as well as video production. The director also will create PowerPoint presentations, keep Web page current, manage relationships with vendors and advertisers, complete writing projects, fulfill photography needs, and formulate and administer budget.
Qualifications: Be an active member of an LCMS congregation; possess at least 10 years of proven, progressive management experience; hold a bachelor’s degree in formal communications education; possess organizational skills, an ability to develop and maintain a production schedule, and have public relations experience, including journalism, events management, and media relations. This person also should have technical skills, including Web site management.
Send resume and cover letter to Human Resources Department, Attention: Vencine Bush, The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, 1333 S. Kirkwood Road, St. Louis, MO 63122-7295; fax (314) 996-1121; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concordia University Wisconsin (CUW), Mequon, Wis., seeks applications for the position of registrar, to begin with the 2007-08 academic year. The registrar position responsibilities are critical to the successful operation of the academic programs of CUW. The registrar is directly responsible to the vice president of academics.
- Gathers and maintains student enrollment information and academic records.
- Prepares the academic calendar, course and final examination schedules, and assigns classrooms.
- Produces data and reports as required by administration, government, and Synod.
- Advises and consults with the university students, providing information concerning class loads, making up of deficiencies, departmental requirements, transcript evaluation, class schedules, etc.
- Evaluates candidates for diplomas and recommends the appropriate candidates to the faculty.
- Issues the official transcripts of all credits earned at Concordia; is the keeper of the official seal of CUW.
- Consults with the vice president of Finance and Administration on budget matters.
- Coordinates efforts with Adult Education, Financial Aid, and Business Office in student registration, student approval to register, financial aid and course add and drops.
- Works with director of Student Advisement and faculty student advisors to identify student progress.
- Processes grade reports, academic honors list, graduation candidate list and data required for various surveys, required reports and other inquiries.
- Serves as a member of the Academic Council, Student Appeal Committee, and International Study Committee.
- Supervises and maintains the integrity of the structure and coding of the administrative computer systems using the SunGard SCT Banner system; works with IT to ensure efficient and accurate processes.
- Supervises the work and responsibilities of the office staff and student workers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to deal with interruptions and work in a fast-paced office environment, and work some evenings and weekends. A master’s degree is required; and two to five years of experience in an academic setting is preferred.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia health, disability, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees and their eligible dependents. Tuition benefits are available for employees and their qualified dependents.
This position requires sitting, standing, walking, holding steady, lifting overhead, and bending, which are normally involved in the performance of general office work. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the position and not intended to be all-inclusive. Administration reserves the right to adjust the duties and responsibilities.
Send letter of interest and resume to Ms. Barbara Banner, Director of Human Resources, Department REG, Concordia University Wisconsin, 12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, Mequon, WI 53097-2402.
For more information, visit the Concordia University Wisconsin Web site at http://www.cuw.edu/news_events/human_resources/positions_available.html.
Concordia University, Irvine, Calif., seeks applicants for director of Nursing Programs. To be considered, a candidate must be a member of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod and should possess a graduate degree in the field.
The director is responsible for providing leadership, planning, and revising the nursing curriculum, maintaining BRN and accreditation standards, and classroom instruction. The director will supervise faculty and support staff, including regular university employees as well as adjunct faculty. In addition, the director will assume responsibility for the overall operation of the nursing department.
To apply, send a letter of application, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, and an official application, which can be downloaded at www.cui.edu/uploadedfiles/aboutcui/faculty_employment.pdf, and mail to Office of the Provost, Concordia University Irvine, 1530 Concordia West, Irvine, CA 92612; email@example.com.
Review of application material will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Ill., seeks applicants for the following three positions:
- Director of Lutheran Education. This position is a tenure-track assistant professorship in Teacher Education to begin July 1.
The successful candidate will have a Ph.D., Ed.D., or degree candidacy in teacher education or related field; a record of teaching in Lutheran P-12 settings; experience in teaching and/or administration at th