The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, guided by the Word of God, is unabashedly and actively pro-life. Thus we are deeply concerned by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans’ decision, announced Feb. 6, 2014, to adopt a “Financial Neutrality Policy” effective immediately to guide its decisions for outreach funding of charitable organizations.
Tag Archives - thrivent financial
Hearing that Thrivent Financial for Lutherans has provided funding to several Planned Parenthood affiliates, the Synod’s Office of the President issues a statement of concern.
The LCMS Office of the President issues a statement regarding Thrivent funding of pro-choice organizations.
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans removes Planned Parenthood from its Choice program and suspends more than 50 pro-life organizations from receiving Choice Dollars.
The Dec. 19 statement to all Synod congregations, schools and professional church workers relates to Thrivent Financial for Lutherans and its Choice Dollars® program.
- Students gain experience, opportunity to make difference April 23, 2014
- Fire damages Richmond, Va., church April 23, 2014
- Follow seminary ‘call-day’ services online April 23, 2014
- KFUO Radio readies Sharathon fundraiser April 23, 2014
- Philippines Relief Infographic April 23, 2014