The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, guided by the Word of God, is unabashedly and actively pro-life. Thus we are deeply concerned by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans’ decision, announced Feb. 6, 2014, to adopt a “Financial Neutrality Policy” effective immediately to guide its decisions for outreach funding of charitable organizations.
Tag Archives - thrivent financial
Hearing that Thrivent Financial for Lutherans has provided funding to several Planned Parenthood affiliates, the Synod’s Office of the President issues a statement of concern.
The LCMS Office of the President issues a statement regarding Thrivent funding of pro-choice organizations.
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans removes Planned Parenthood from its Choice program and suspends more than 50 pro-life organizations from receiving Choice Dollars.
The Dec. 19 statement to all Synod congregations, schools and professional church workers relates to Thrivent Financial for Lutherans and its Choice Dollars® program.
Stories & ArticlesLooking for an article or story?
View stories & articles by topic
- Eight schools gain NLSA ‘exemplary’ status March 7, 2014
- ALMA draw: ‘making connections,’ ‘sharing ideas’ March 7, 2014
- Board, COP set same regions for 2016 convention March 6, 2014
- Congregations ratify ‘circuit visitor’ convention action March 6, 2014
- Harrison shares Lenten message March 6, 2014
- Catherine Perry: My name is Catherine Perry. I offered my services...
- Grace Gotoski: thank you for the interesting information -- sound...
- Reuben Mete: This is a great opportunity to expose our youth to...
- LCMS Church Information Center: Here is a link to a map with the regions listed: h...
- Keith Freie: Is it possible for you to send a listing of congre...