The week of June 16 is devastating for two LCMS churches and more than two dozen LCMS members in Nebraska and South Dakota after deadly tornadoes tear through their communities and lives.
Tag Archives - Disaster Response
Dual tornadoes pummeled Pilger, Neb., on June 16, 2014, killing one person there, injuring more than two dozen, destroying 40-50 homes, and crushing St. John Lutheran Church and its parsonage. Several LCMS members lost their homes in the storm. The LCMS made an initial $100,000 available to the LCMS Nebraska District to help in the aftermath of the storm.
Ministry News — News updates, articles and resources from LCMS ministries.
The June 16 tornadoes pummel Pilger, Neb., killing one person there, injuring more than two dozen, destroying 40-50 homes and crushing St. John Lutheran Church.
Faced with wildfires and an earthquake less than two weeks apart, the Confessional Lutheran Church of Chile is undeterred in responding to those who need help.
A week after being baptized and confirmed, an LCMS family in Mayflower, Ark., rides out an EF4 tornado in a closet.
The violent storm system sweeping through the central, southern and eastern United States April 27-May 1 causes damages or destruction for LCMS members, a pastor and at least five congregations.
- Audio Interview with Al Tormoehlen, Director of The 72® Witness/Outreach Ministry July 25, 2014
- Rev. Joel Hempel, manager of LCMS Specialized Pastoral Ministry talks about an upcoming educational event July 25, 2014
- 2014-15 ‘Chapel Talks’ now available July 24, 2014
- New stewardship resources available online July 24, 2014
- SPM educational event, retreat set for October July 24, 2014