The Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, a national church body of 2 million members headquartered in St. Louis County, joins the Most Reverend Robert J. Carlson, Archbishop of St. Louis, in opposing Board Bill 203, a proposed ordinance to amend the existing antidiscrimination law of the City of St. […]
Official Statements RSS Feed
We have received the news of the death of Justice Scalia with deep shock. On the moral issues, on which The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod has taken a public stand (life, marriage and religious freedom), we and all creedal and biblically oriented Christians had no more stalwart friend on the Supreme Court than Justice Scalia.
MOU with Boy Scouts of America is “no longer tenable;” potential legal concerns exist for chartering LCMS congregations.
Official Joint Statement: Archdiocese of St. Louis, Missouri Synod Lutherans stand against sale of baby parts
The LCMS and the Catholic Archdiocese of St. Louis released a joint statement Oct. 6 denouncing Planned Parenthood’s purported harvesting of organs from aborted babies for medical research.
The infanticide that is occurring at Planned Parenthood must end. It is not simply time to defund that organization; it is time to end abortion in the United States altogether.
The Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, responds to the Planned Parenthood controversy: “God is not silent. He has a word for us, too. He comforts us in the knowledge that the devil’s attempts are desperate and futile, for Jesus came to save people, regardless of their size.”
Facts and Stats
Logos and Style
Download the LCMS Official Stylebook and Letter and Grammar Guidelines and browse a collection of logos and graphics on our Logos and Style page.
- … So Loved the World May 24, 2017
- LCMS Worship: Propers for Observing Anniversary of the Augsburg Confession May 23, 2017
- Free study guide tackles despair of ‘13 Reasons Why’ May 22, 2017
- “Faith, Hope and Love: A Threefold Response to 13 Reasons Why” May 19, 2017
- ‘Boards and Business’ — Council of Presidents May 18, 2017
- John J Flanagan: I believe the problem is that the LCMS needs to fo...
- Carl Vehse: From Romans 5:12, we know that the Fall infected t...
- LCMS Church Information Center: Thank you for your comment. No, she is only eligib...
- Jayne Hobkirk: Does this mean she is eliglable for a pastorial ca...
- Carl Vehse: In addition to the obvious life-hospitable factors...