The Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, a national church body of 2 million members headquartered in St. Louis County, joins the Most Reverend Robert J. Carlson, Archbishop of St. Louis, in opposing Board Bill 203, a proposed ordinance to amend the existing antidiscrimination law of the City of St. […]
Official Statements RSS Feed
We have received the news of the death of Justice Scalia with deep shock. On the moral issues, on which The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod has taken a public stand (life, marriage and religious freedom), we and all creedal and biblically oriented Christians had no more stalwart friend on the Supreme Court than Justice Scalia.
MOU with Boy Scouts of America is “no longer tenable;” potential legal concerns exist for chartering LCMS congregations.
Official Joint Statement: Archdiocese of St. Louis, Missouri Synod Lutherans stand against sale of baby parts
The LCMS and the Catholic Archdiocese of St. Louis released a joint statement Oct. 6 denouncing Planned Parenthood’s purported harvesting of organs from aborted babies for medical research.
The infanticide that is occurring at Planned Parenthood must end. It is not simply time to defund that organization; it is time to end abortion in the United States altogether.
The Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, responds to the Planned Parenthood controversy: “God is not silent. He has a word for us, too. He comforts us in the knowledge that the devil’s attempts are desperate and futile, for Jesus came to save people, regardless of their size.”
Facts and Stats
Logos and Style
Download the LCMS Official Stylebook and Letter and Grammar Guidelines and browse a collection of logos and graphics on our Logos and Style page.
- Marriage: Human Construct or Divine Institution? April 24, 2017
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Reminds Us to Show Youth Love April 21, 2017
- KFUO Audio: Institute on Liturgy, Preaching and Church Music April 21, 2017
- LCMS Stewardship: April 2017 StewardCAST newsletter April 21, 2017
- KFUO Audio: Supreme Court hears ‘playground case’ of Trinity Lutheran of Columbia v. Comer April 20, 2017
- Evelyn Iannuzzi: Praying for God's will....
- LCMS Church Information Center: Thank you for your comment. Pastor Lucas Woodford ...
- LCMS Church Information Center: Thank you for your comment. You'll information ab...
- Michael Baun: I believe LCMS membership decline will continue as...
- Timothy Green: Like Luther brought education to his people Dr. Yo...