Wyoming Supreme Court censures local judge for her faith-based marriage view but allows her to remain municipal court judge.
Office of the President RSS Feed
The Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, a national church body of 2 million members headquartered in St. Louis County, joins the Most Reverend Robert J. Carlson, Archbishop of St. Louis, in opposing Board Bill 203, a proposed ordinance to amend the existing antidiscrimination law of the City of St. […]
The LCMS has submitted a formal request to the Secretary of Defense to ensure specific protections for chaplains, service members, medical personnel, DoD civilians and other DoD-affiliated employees, per the recently mandated LGBT Pride Month and the new DoD policies on transgender service members, which include in-service gender transitions while serving in the military.
As an important step forward in the ongoing consultation between representatives of the Lutheran Church—Canada (LCC), The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) and the North American Lutheran Church (NALC), the participants who represented the three church bodies are releasing their joint statement on Holy Scripture, “God’s Word Forever Shall Abide: A Guiding Statement on the Character […]
Synod President reflects on High Court ruling invalidating Texas law protecting the health and safety of expectant mothers and their babies.
An open letter to the Synod by three former members of the Commission on Constitutional Matters (CCM) has recently been widely disseminated.
Facts and Stats
Logos and Style
Download the LCMS Official Stylebook and Letter and Grammar Guidelines and browse a collection of logos and graphics on our Logos and Style page.
- Annunciation: In the Midst of Lent, Joy March 25, 2017
- Orientation prepares new national, international missionaries for service March 23, 2017
- Movie review: ‘Beauty and the Beast’ March 23, 2017
- New from CPH: ‘Lutheranism 101 — All About Jesus’ March 23, 2017
- ‘Hope and Healing: A Bible Study’ shares Christ’s comfort with victims of sexual assault and violence March 21, 2017
- Andrea Hinrichs: I took my grand children to the play and to the ca...
- kelly m: God bless all chaplains and our military men and w...
- Susan Stonell: “Christian formation must immerse the Christian ...
- Christopher Esget: What a beautiful story. I am continually grateful ...
- Pastor Charles Buckhahn: Chaplain (Capt.) Matthew Christensen's actions an...