Wyoming Supreme Court censures local judge for her faith-based marriage view but allows her to remain municipal court judge.
Pressroom RSS Feed
The Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, a national church body of 2 million members headquartered in St. Louis County, joins the Most Reverend Robert J. Carlson, Archbishop of St. Louis, in opposing Board Bill 203, a proposed ordinance to amend the existing antidiscrimination law of the City of St. […]
The LCMS has submitted a formal request to the Secretary of Defense to ensure specific protections for chaplains, service members, medical personnel, DoD civilians and other DoD-affiliated employees, per the recently mandated LGBT Pride Month and the new DoD policies on transgender service members, which include in-service gender transitions while serving in the military.
As an important step forward in the ongoing consultation between representatives of the Lutheran Church—Canada (LCC), The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) and the North American Lutheran Church (NALC), the participants who represented the three church bodies are releasing their joint statement on Holy Scripture, “God’s Word Forever Shall Abide: A Guiding Statement on the Character […]
Synod President reflects on High Court ruling invalidating Texas law protecting the health and safety of expectant mothers and their babies.
An open letter to the Synod by three former members of the Commission on Constitutional Matters (CCM) has recently been widely disseminated.
Facts and Stats
Logos and Style
Download the LCMS Official Stylebook and Letter and Grammar Guidelines and browse a collection of logos and graphics on our Logos and Style page.
- Getting over a pastor May 25, 2017
- Celebrating the Reformation’s 500th across the Synod May 25, 2017
- Missionaries plan visits to stateside congregations May 25, 2017
- Reformation Relevance: Jesus sweetens even death May 25, 2017
- Reaching Rural America for Christ — June 2017 RSTM Newsletter May 25, 2017
- John J Flanagan: I believe the problem is that the LCMS needs to fo...
- Carl Vehse: From Romans 5:12, we know that the Fall infected t...
- LCMS Church Information Center: Thank you for your comment. No, she is only eligib...
- Jayne Hobkirk: Does this mean she is eliglable for a pastorial ca...
- Carl Vehse: In addition to the obvious life-hospitable factors...