Will the loss of the charitable deduction ruin the fabric of the nonprofit sector and cause the end of the world? Only if getting something out of the act of giving is more important than the positive change that happens through the church and its related nonprofits.
Godly Stewardship RSS Feed
Are we asking – even expecting – an increasing number of people to use the financial equivalent of a rotary-dial phone in an era of smartphones and chip-enabled debit cards?
Those of us serving the Synod’s corporate headquarters, especially those within Mission Advancement, are bound by God’s Word — in passages like Phil. 4:8 — and by this code as we work alongside anyone who has or is considering making a charitable investment in our Synod’s work.
Even though sending used clothes sounds like the ‘easy’ way to help, gift cards can be an incredibly effective way to give real physical assistance to an individual or a family.
Lent is approaching – a time for reflection, repentance, and faith. The following is the Stewardship Thought for Ash Wednesday – you can download Stewardship Thoughts for every week of the church year, and many other resources, at www.lcms.org/stewardship/ Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy […]
January 13th, one week after Epiphany, is the date the Church celebrates the Baptism of Our Lord. The following is the Stewardship Thought for this celebration – you can download Stewardship Thoughts for every week of the church year at www.lcms.org/stewardship/ Matthew 3:15 But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thus it […]
- Mark Hofman
- Herb Mueller
- Adriane (Dorr) Heins
- Bart Day
- Terry Dittmer
- Terry Schmidt
- Rebecca Schmidt
- Heath Curtis
- Roosevelt Gray
- Todd Kollbaum
- Steve Schave
- Marcus Zill
- Ross Johnson
- Joel Hempel
- Michael Meyer
- Amy Gray
- Mark Kiessling
- Mark Wood
- Tracy Quaethem
- Mona Fuerstenau
- Peter Slayton
- Julianna Shults
- James Lohman
- Roy Askins
Topics & Categories
- Marriage: Human Construct or Divine Institution? April 24, 2017
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Reminds Us to Show Youth Love April 21, 2017
- KFUO Audio: Institute on Liturgy, Preaching and Church Music April 21, 2017
- LCMS Stewardship: April 2017 StewardCAST newsletter April 21, 2017
- Evelyn Iannuzzi: Praying for God's will....
- LCMS Church Information Center: Thank you for your comment. Pastor Lucas Woodford ...
- LCMS Church Information Center: Thank you for your comment. You'll information ab...
- Michael Baun: I believe LCMS membership decline will continue as...