Families must be able to cope with disaster by preparing and working as a team. Maintaining a ready supply of food, water, hygiene, health items and a few basic tools can go a long way to making sure your family can take care of itself for a few days without outside help.
Disaster Response RSS Feed
For almost a decade LCMS Disaster Response has been training Lutheran Early Response Teams (LERT). In fact, there are over 14,000 trained LERT members across the LCMS. I am often asked how we can get a LERT training event at my church and what should I expect during the training.
Even though sending used clothes sounds like the ‘easy’ way to help, gift cards can be an incredibly effective way to give real physical assistance to an individual or a family.
Why do bad things happen? What are Lutherans to believe when everything is in chaos and God feels so very far away? How can we Trust in God’s Love when we don’t understand what is going on around us?
When a disaster hits your own town, your life is turned upside down in a tailspin of events. This is exactly what happened to me.
As visits are made in the wake of disaster, the mercy and love of Christ are brought again to those who are suffering.
- Mark Hofman
- Herb Mueller
- Bart Day
- Terry Dittmer
- Terry Schmidt
- Rebecca Schmidt
- Heath Curtis
- Roosevelt Gray
- Todd Kollbaum
- Steve Schave
- Marcus Zill
- Ross Johnson
- Joel Hempel
- Michael Meyer
- Amy Gray
- Mark Kiessling
- Mark Wood
- Tracy Quaethem
- Mona Fuerstenau
- Peter Slayton
- Julianna Shults
- James Lohman
- Roy Askins
- James Baneck
- Rachel Bomberger
- Anne Gonzalez
Topics & Categories
- When you are criticized … January 22, 2018
- Synod joins court brief to protect pregnancy centers from mandated abortion advertising January 19, 2018
- ‘Mission Field: USA’ new online tool ‘first of its kind’ in LCMS January 19, 2018
- ‘Every One His Witness’ evangelism program launches website January 19, 2018
- Joe Watson: I am an LCMS Pastor (Military Chaplain) and I also...
- Bryan Wendt: James: I implore you brother, please don't go....
- Quinten A. Buechner: On the first 3 days, Gen. 1: "and the evening and...
- Diana Middendorf: I have been on many.. many. Medical missions in th...