6 ways to actually help during a natural disaster.
Disaster Response RSS Feed
I am pleased to offer this brief but worthwhile Hurricane Harvey-related commentary by my esteemed predecessor as Director of LCMS Disaster Response, the Rev. Glenn F. Merritt, now retired in Arlington, Texas.
*This is Part two of seven in a series of Basic Theology of Mercy Work Series* Lutheran Congregational Mercy Work There has recently been a resurgence of congregational mercy work across the congregations in the LCMS. Much of this was due to the guidance of Harrison, who wrote to pastors and lay leaders of the […]
*This is Part 1 of 7: A Basic Theology of Mercy Work* “Mercy Work,” as it will be defined herein (Christian care for those in need – in body, mind, or spirit), flows directly from God’s mercy to us. The frequent apostolic blessing of “grace, mercy, and peace” should remind us of the importance of […]
Curious about what Lutherans have been doing in the Carolinas since Hurricane Matthew? Look no further.
A new devotional resource for people going through tragedy is now available from LCMS Disaster Response, The Lord’s Mercy Endures Forever: 40 Daily Devotions of God’s Comfort. Jesus said, “In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). Even as little children, we learn that life isn’t […]
- Mark Hofman
- Herb Mueller
- Bart Day
- Terry Dittmer
- Terry Schmidt
- Rebecca Schmidt
- Heath Curtis
- Roosevelt Gray
- Todd Kollbaum
- Steve Schave
- Marcus Zill
- Ross Johnson
- Joel Hempel
- Michael Meyer
- Amy Gray
- Mark Kiessling
- Mark Wood
- Tracy Quaethem
- Mona Fuerstenau
- Peter Slayton
- Julianna Shults
- James Lohman
- Roy Askins
- James Baneck
- Rachel Bomberger
Topics & Categories
- Lutheran principal in Grafton, Wis., receives national recognition December 14, 2017
- Catch the Lutheran Hour float in Jan. 1 parade December 14, 2017
- Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary December 14, 2017
- CTCR Bible studies on Justification December 13, 2017
- LCMS Church Information Center: Thank you for your comment. These are created one ...
- Colleen Julius: Do you have the bulletin sentences for the entire ...
- JoAnne Fox: Thank you for that. My congregation (decision was...
- Jim Driskell: Perhaps attendance is not where it should be for t...