It’s day one of the first ever Mercy Medical Team serving in Togo. Walk through the day with us to see what it’s like to serve in a medical clinic on a Mercy Medical Team. 7:00 am: Breakfast & Devotions The team trickles in to breakfast around seven. On the table for us is French […]
Leader Blog RSS Feed
Apart from God – we are all in the dark, we are all hungry, we are all homeless and alone. And when it comes to being saved by God, we are all beggars with nothing to offer. But God sent His Son to lavish us in the richness of His love and mercy. So my […]
John 14:25–31 25 “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I […]
6 ways to actually help during a natural disaster.
I am pleased to offer this brief but worthwhile Hurricane Harvey-related commentary by my esteemed predecessor as Director of LCMS Disaster Response, the Rev. Glenn F. Merritt, now retired in Arlington, Texas.
*This is Part two of seven in a series of Basic Theology of Mercy Work Series* Lutheran Congregational Mercy Work There has recently been a resurgence of congregational mercy work across the congregations in the LCMS. Much of this was due to the guidance of Harrison, who wrote to pastors and lay leaders of the […]
- Mark Hofman
- Herb Mueller
- Bart Day
- Terry Dittmer
- Terry Schmidt
- Rebecca Schmidt
- Heath Curtis
- Roosevelt Gray
- Todd Kollbaum
- Steve Schave
- Marcus Zill
- Ross Johnson
- Joel Hempel
- Michael Meyer
- Amy Gray
- Mark Kiessling
- Mark Wood
- Tracy Quaethem
- Mona Fuerstenau
- Peter Slayton
- Julianna Shults
- James Lohman
- Roy Askins
- James Baneck
- Rachel Bomberger
- Anne Gonzalez
Topics & Categories
- Synod joins court brief to protect pregnancy centers from mandated abortion advertising January 19, 2018
- Mission Field: USA new online tool ‘first of its kind’ in LCMS January 19, 2018
- Every One His Witness evangelism program launches website January 19, 2018
- A Day in the Life of a Mercy Medical Team Clinic January 18, 2018
- Quinten A. Buechner: On the first 3 days, Gen. 1: "and the evening and...
- Diana Middendorf: I have been on many.. many. Medical missions in th...
- Lannie: "And God said, 'Let there be light, ' and there...
- Whitney Watts: I don’t understand the literal 6 day theory, and...