6 ways to actually help during a natural disaster
Leader Blog RSS Feed
I am pleased to offer this brief but worthwhile Hurricane Harvey-related commentary by my esteemed predecessor as Director of LCMS Disaster Response, the Rev. Glenn F. Merritt, now retired in Arlington, Texas.
*This is Part two of seven in a series of Basic Theology of Mercy Work Series* Lutheran Congregational Mercy Work There has recently been a resurgence of congregational mercy work across the congregations in the LCMS. Much of this was due to the guidance of Harrison, who wrote to pastors and lay leaders of the […]
*This is Part 1 of 7: A Basic Theology of Mercy Work* “Mercy Work,” as it will be defined herein (Christian care for those in need – in body, mind, or spirit), flows directly from God’s mercy to us. The frequent apostolic blessing of “grace, mercy, and peace” should remind us of the importance of […]
Luther and others came to believe that the only thing in this world that is fully trustworthy and infallible is the Bible. It is, of course, subject to abuse, misinterpretation, and misapplication by fallen men, but it is clear and simple enough that Christians can understand it. Everyone then should be urged to read it […]
In this blog post, I hope to offer some clarifications that will further the efforts of interested readers, as they make plans for the future of their ministries in the challenging cultural landscape of 21st-century America.
- Mark Hofman
- Herb Mueller
- Adriane (Dorr) Heins
- Bart Day
- Terry Dittmer
- Terry Schmidt
- Rebecca Schmidt
- Heath Curtis
- Roosevelt Gray
- Todd Kollbaum
- Steve Schave
- Marcus Zill
- Ross Johnson
- Joel Hempel
- Michael Meyer
- Amy Gray
- Mark Kiessling
- Mark Wood
- Tracy Quaethem
- Mona Fuerstenau
- Peter Slayton
- Julianna Shults
- James Lohman
- Roy Askins
- James Baneck
Topics & Categories
- LCMS Worship: Hymn of the Day Studies for Epiphany – Three-Year & One-Year Lectionary September 22, 2017
- Photo gallery: Responding to Hurricane Irma in Florida September 22, 2017
- Supporting people and families experiencing developmental disabilities September 22, 2017
- ‘Viral’ photo has Synod connection September 22, 2017
- Heather Olsen: Congratulations! I am watching my son, Roy, follo...
- Randy: Congratulations Peter....
- Kathy Manthey: Beautifully stated. This topic comes up often in ...
- Emily Ferrara: It was great and really opened my eyes as a Luther...