To see Jesus only as either a zealous renegade or an ardent traditionalist is to ignore His true and fundamental identity.
All posts by... Rachel Bomberger
Here is a book for whole-life discipleship, giving guidance to Christians on how they are to believe and live mercifully for others, telling them about Christ, and offering wisdom for their various vocations.
This month’s issue addresses a variety of topics relating to Advent and Christmas, with a special focus on Mary’s place in history and Lutheran theology.
Most of us choose to skip Advent for the soft glow of a secularized holiday. But what if we gave this wonderful, preparatory season our full attention?
Thanksgiving worship services, held at the request of the government, seem strange in modern America. Some may wonder if the request is even appropriate.
The data are clear: American Christianity is in decline, and every major church body — including the LCMS — is feeling the pinch.
- Mark Hofman
- Herb Mueller
- Bart Day
- Terry Dittmer
- Terry Schmidt
- Rebecca Schmidt
- Heath Curtis
- Roosevelt Gray
- Todd Kollbaum
- Steve Schave
- Marcus Zill
- Ross Johnson
- Joel Hempel
- Michael Meyer
- Amy Gray
- Mark Kiessling
- Mark Wood
- Tracy Quaethem
- Mona Fuerstenau
- Peter Slayton
- Julianna Shults
- James Lohman
- Roy Askins
- James Baneck
- Rachel Bomberger
Topics & Categories
- Journal of Lutheran Mission: December 2017 December 8, 2017
- Jesus isn’t the rebel you think He is December 8, 2017
- ‘Melvin Witt Award’ honors memory of longtime chaplain, World Relief director December 7, 2017
- Christmas is in the air… and in The Lutheran Witness! December 7, 2017
- Robert Wickert: Good points! Thanks for sharing your insights!...
- Johann: I hope God can rapture us again before its too lat...
- Dean Johnson: Mark 1:3 ‘Prepare the way of the Lord, make his ...
- Elizabeth Libby: How devastating and disheartening. That magazine w...