Will the loss of the charitable deduction ruin the fabric of the nonprofit sector and cause the end of the world? Only if getting something out of the act of giving is more important than the positive change that happens through the church and its related nonprofits.
All posts by... Mark Hofman
Are we asking – even expecting – an increasing number of people to use the financial equivalent of a rotary-dial phone in an era of smartphones and chip-enabled debit cards?
Those of us serving the Synod’s corporate headquarters, especially those within Mission Advancement, are bound by God’s Word — in passages like Phil. 4:8 — and by this code as we work alongside anyone who has or is considering making a charitable investment in our Synod’s work.
Donors are “stewards” of God’s material blessings and a vital partner in the ministry responsibilities handed to us by the Synod at-large. You have rights as a donor, and I’d like to share a few things the LCMS is morally and ethically obligated to do for you.
The care of our workers, including international workers who are so very far from our sight, is a Synod core value. Follow along as one group of workers gathers for some much-needed care.
- Mark Hofman
- Herb Mueller
- Adriane (Dorr) Heins
- Bart Day
- Terry Dittmer
- Terry Schmidt
- Rebecca Schmidt
- Heath Curtis
- Roosevelt Gray
- Todd Kollbaum
- Steve Schave
- Marcus Zill
- Ross Johnson
- Joel Hempel
- Michael Meyer
- Amy Gray
- Mark Kiessling
- Mark Wood
- Tracy Quaethem
- Mona Fuerstenau
- Peter Slayton
- Julianna Shults
- James Lohman
- Roy Askins
Topics & Categories
- Getting over a pastor May 25, 2017
- Celebrating the Reformation’s 500th across the Synod May 25, 2017
- Missionaries plan visits to stateside congregations May 25, 2017
- Reformation Relevance: Jesus sweetens even death May 25, 2017
- John J Flanagan: I believe the problem is that the LCMS needs to fo...
- Carl Vehse: From Romans 5:12, we know that the Fall infected t...
- LCMS Church Information Center: Thank you for your comment. No, she is only eligib...
- Jayne Hobkirk: Does this mean she is eliglable for a pastorial ca...