Will the loss of the charitable deduction ruin the fabric of the nonprofit sector and cause the end of the world? Only if getting something out of the act of giving is more important than the positive change that happens through the church and its related nonprofits.
All posts by... Mark Hofman
Are we asking – even expecting – an increasing number of people to use the financial equivalent of a rotary-dial phone in an era of smartphones and chip-enabled debit cards?
Those of us serving the Synod’s corporate headquarters, especially those within Mission Advancement, are bound by God’s Word — in passages like Phil. 4:8 — and by this code as we work alongside anyone who has or is considering making a charitable investment in our Synod’s work.
Donors are “stewards” of God’s material blessings and a vital partner in the ministry responsibilities handed to us by the Synod at-large. You have rights as a donor, and I’d like to share a few things the LCMS is morally and ethically obligated to do for you.
The care of our workers, including international workers who are so very far from our sight, is a Synod core value. Follow along as one group of workers gathers for some much-needed care.
- Mark Hofman
- Herb Mueller
- Adriane (Dorr) Heins
- Bart Day
- Terry Dittmer
- Terry Schmidt
- Rebecca Schmidt
- Heath Curtis
- Roosevelt Gray
- Todd Kollbaum
- Steve Schave
- Marcus Zill
- Ross Johnson
- Joel Hempel
- Michael Meyer
- Amy Gray
- Mark Kiessling
- Mark Wood
- Tracy Quaethem
- Mona Fuerstenau
- Peter Slayton
- Julianna Shults
- James Lohman
- Roy Askins
Topics & Categories
- Lutherans help midwestern communities after late-winter tornadoes March 29, 2017
- Reaching Rural America for Christ — April 2017 RSTM Newsletter March 29, 2017
- Synod Snapshot: boards and business March 29, 2017
- 2017-18 LCMS Church Year Calendars: Series B and One-Year Series March 28, 2017
- Todd Biermann: It was my joy to follow Pastor Marcis as the pasto...
- LCMS Church Information Center: Thank you for your comment. Lutheran Indian Minist...
- Lee: Why is the LCMS not doing mission work with Native...
- LCMS Church Information Center: Thank you for your comment. You may find it helpfu...