For the first time, we asked Young Adult Volunteers at the 2016 LCMS Youth Gathering to take a short poll based on the LYF Youth Poll that has been conducted at most previous Gatherings. These results help us to see how young adults in LCMS congregations are supported in their faith lives. This data has […]
All posts by... Julianna Shults
As we approach Reformation Day, are our churches a place where we can wrestle with questions of faith? In a time with instant access to information, the church’s response to questions can help faith to grow or it can lead to isolation and uncertainty.
On Oct. 10, 2016, the application period for Lutheran Young Adult Corps will open for the first time. Young adults aged 18-26 from across the country may apply to serve in under-resourced communities for 10 weeks in the summer or 10 months through the school year.
The opportunities for servant events specifically designed for young adults age 18-30 are growing. Recently a group of young adults in St. Louis gathered to serve in their own backyard and helped congregations and RSOs prepare for sharing the Gospel.
Over 900 young adults apply to volunteer at the LCMS Youth Gathering this summer. Time and time again the young adults of the LCMS have shown a willingness and excitement to serve others in Christ alone. New opportunities are coming soon for young adults to not just volunteer but become neighbors and friends in communities […]
You have probably read the startling statistics of teens and young adults lost from the church. The church must take seriously the search for young adults. God hasn’t given up on bringing them back, and neither should we.
- Mark Hofman
- Herb Mueller
- Adriane (Dorr) Heins
- Bart Day
- Terry Dittmer
- Terry Schmidt
- Rebecca Schmidt
- Heath Curtis
- Roosevelt Gray
- Todd Kollbaum
- Steve Schave
- Marcus Zill
- Ross Johnson
- Joel Hempel
- Michael Meyer
- Amy Gray
- Mark Kiessling
- Mark Wood
- Tracy Quaethem
- Mona Fuerstenau
- Peter Slayton
- Julianna Shults
- James Lohman
- Roy Askins
- James Baneck
Topics & Categories
- KFUO Audio: Goeglein discusses state of religious liberty in United States July 21, 2017
- LCMS Worship: Hymn of the Day Studies for Advent – Three-Year & One-Year Lectionary July 21, 2017
- Bethesda: Enhancing lives, sharing Jesus July 20, 2017
- Missionaries blessed for service in seven countries July 20, 2017
- Marie: The truth is LOUD and clear. But sadly, few are li...
- Susan Smith: There could be so much more love expressed to beli...
- LCMS Church Information Center: Thank you for your comment. There will Reporter On...
- Jason M. Braaten: Pastor Burge, thanks for your reply. I’d point y...