For the first time, we asked Young Adult Volunteers at the 2016 LCMS Youth Gathering to take a short poll based on the LYF Youth Poll that has been conducted at most previous Gatherings. These results help us to see how young adults in LCMS congregations are supported in their faith lives. This data has […]
All posts by... Julianna Shults
As we approach Reformation Day, are our churches a place where we can wrestle with questions of faith? In a time with instant access to information, the church’s response to questions can help faith to grow or it can lead to isolation and uncertainty.
On Oct. 10, 2016, the application period for Lutheran Young Adult Corps will open for the first time. Young adults aged 18-26 from across the country may apply to serve in under-resourced communities for 10 weeks in the summer or 10 months through the school year.
The opportunities for servant events specifically designed for young adults age 18-30 are growing. Recently a group of young adults in St. Louis gathered to serve in their own backyard and helped congregations and RSOs prepare for sharing the Gospel.
Over 900 young adults apply to volunteer at the LCMS Youth Gathering this summer. Time and time again the young adults of the LCMS have shown a willingness and excitement to serve others in Christ alone. New opportunities are coming soon for young adults to not just volunteer but become neighbors and friends in communities […]
You have probably read the startling statistics of teens and young adults lost from the church. The church must take seriously the search for young adults. God hasn’t given up on bringing them back, and neither should we.
- Mark Hofman
- Herb Mueller
- Bart Day
- Terry Dittmer
- Terry Schmidt
- Rebecca Schmidt
- Heath Curtis
- Roosevelt Gray
- Todd Kollbaum
- Steve Schave
- Marcus Zill
- Ross Johnson
- Joel Hempel
- Michael Meyer
- Amy Gray
- Mark Kiessling
- Mark Wood
- Tracy Quaethem
- Mona Fuerstenau
- Peter Slayton
- Julianna Shults
- James Lohman
- Roy Askins
- James Baneck
- Rachel Bomberger
Topics & Categories
- LCMS Worship: Hymn of the Day Studies for Lent – Three-Year & One-Year Lectionary November 21, 2017
- Warehouse fire destroys 1.5 million copies of GOOD NEWS magazine November 21, 2017
- LCMS, LCC, NALC release three-year Bible reading guide November 21, 2017
- Buckman honored for service to military November 21, 2017
- Darrel G. Wernsing: This is truly a frightening thing to have happen i...
- Jim Beckman: PUT YOUR HAND TO THE PLOW is what needs to be done...
- Don Stults: This resource is helpful in dispelling some of the...
- Patricia Arnold: So sorry to have read about Nancy's passing. She ...