In this blog post, I hope to offer some clarifications that will further the efforts of interested readers, as they make plans for the future of their ministries in the challenging cultural landscape of 21st-century America.
All posts by... Heath Curtis
On The Sign Of The Cross In Baptism – A Poem by Henry Alford In token that thou shalt not fear Christ crucified to own, We print the Cross upon thee here, And stamp thee his alone. In token that thou shalt not blush To glory in his name, We blazon here upon thy front […]
Lent is approaching – a time for reflection, repentance, and faith. The following is the Stewardship Thought for Ash Wednesday – you can download Stewardship Thoughts for every week of the church year, and many other resources, at www.lcms.org/stewardship/ Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy […]
January 13th, one week after Epiphany, is the date the Church celebrates the Baptism of Our Lord. The following is the Stewardship Thought for this celebration – you can download Stewardship Thoughts for every week of the church year at www.lcms.org/stewardship/ Matthew 3:15 But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thus it […]
1 Corinthians 1:9 — “God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.”
Deuteronomy 8:3 — “…that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.”
- Mark Hofman
- Herb Mueller
- Bart Day
- Terry Dittmer
- Terry Schmidt
- Rebecca Schmidt
- Heath Curtis
- Roosevelt Gray
- Todd Kollbaum
- Steve Schave
- Marcus Zill
- Ross Johnson
- Joel Hempel
- Michael Meyer
- Amy Gray
- Mark Kiessling
- Mark Wood
- Tracy Quaethem
- Mona Fuerstenau
- Peter Slayton
- Julianna Shults
- James Lohman
- Roy Askins
- James Baneck
- Rachel Bomberger
Topics & Categories
- Christmas is too good to miss December 11, 2017
- LCMS publishes first dogmatics in 100 years December 11, 2017
- LCMS Worship: Hymn of the Day Studies for Easter – Three-Year & One-Year Lectionary December 11, 2017
- A Christmas Day Devotion for the Poor Among Us December 11, 2017
- JoAnne Fox: Thank you for that. My congregation (decision was...
- Jim Driskell: Perhaps attendance is not where it should be for t...
- Alesia Reinisch: This article is right on! Everything has gotten so...
- Debbie Greene: It is my understanding that the observance of Chri...