Reexamine major news stories from a Lutheran perspective with Gene Edward Veith’s new monthly “World Views” column in The Lutheran Witness magazine.
All posts by... Rachel Bomberger
Lent is not so much a time of “giving things up” as it is a time for adding things that increase our awareness of God’s mercy in Christ Jesus.
What does it mean for Lutheran Christians to offer welcome? In its February issue, The Lutheran Witness aims to find out.
Will you, by God’s Spirit, resolve to be more diligent in prayer for your pastor? He needs your prayers, always — and now, more than ever.
“… who made heaven and earth” (Ps. 124:8). Have you ever stopped to think about what these familiar words mean for you?
Depending on whom you ask, the internet can be either a mission field ripe for harvest or a minefield of perilous temptation. Which view is correct?
- Mark Hofman
- Herb Mueller
- Bart Day
- Terry Dittmer
- Terry Schmidt
- Rebecca Schmidt
- Heath Curtis
- Roosevelt Gray
- Todd Kollbaum
- Steve Schave
- Marcus Zill
- Ross Johnson
- Joel Hempel
- Michael Meyer
- Amy Gray
- Mark Kiessling
- Mark Wood
- Tracy Quaethem
- Mona Fuerstenau
- Peter Slayton
- Julianna Shults
- James Lohman
- Roy Askins
- James Baneck
- Rachel Bomberger
- Anne Gonzalez
Topics & Categories
- Just Another Day at English Bible Camp! February 23, 2018
- Life Together with President Harrison – February 2018 February 23, 2018
- LCMS Statement Regarding the Closure of Concordia College Alabama February 22, 2018
- Scharr elected to third full term in Southern Illinois February 21, 2018
- Ralph Hough: I finished reading the wonder of Christ' connecti...
- Jim: Thank you for this straightforward, healthy portra...
- Chris Bernard: Right on Kevin... Right on....
- Cheryl: There has been much discussion about this that I h...