Legacy Deo, formerly Lutheran Foundation of Texas, seeks to “inspire giving that impacts life forever.” The director of planned giving is Legacy Deo’s primary contact point with present and prospective donors, communicating the blessing and benefits of current and deferred charitable giving.
The principal focus of the position is helping individuals provide for family members and charitable causes that support Gospel-focused mission and ministry.
The principal responsibilities are encouraging and facilitating planned gifts, estate plans, charitable trusts and endowments and promoting congregational and organizational funds for Legacy Deo’s custodial management.
Experience, education and skills
- Committed and dedicated Christian, preferably an active member of a Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) congregation.
- Person of integrity and energy, able to initiate work independently and with a team.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or five years’ experience in sales, marketing or ministry, preferably in development, fundraising or planned giving.
- Proficiency with G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint highly preferred.
- Understanding of and/or willingness to learn about the LCMS, its operations and district/congregational structure.
Compensation is based on qualifications and experience. Employee benefits include employer-paid worker’s health, retirement and disability through Concordia Plan Services, plus paid holidays and accrued vacation time.
Send resume and statement of interest no later than Oct. 31 to Legacy Deo Chief Executive Officer Rev. Dr. Gerald B. (Jerry) Kieschnick at email@example.com.
Posted Aug. 12, 2019