The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) has developed a free, downloadable congregational media kit to assist churches in reaching out to their communities during the seasons of Advent and Christmas. The items in the kit are designed to be personalized with the local parish’s information. Churches may use the resources to invite people to services or simply to generate opportunities for pastoral conversations in the community.
- A how-to guide with descriptions of the resources available and ideas on how to use them.
- A newspaper column about Advent and Christmas by LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison.
- A newspaper ad to which the local parish may add its address, contact information and worship times.
- A ready-made image for use in a Facebook ad and suggestions for designing/purchasing the ad.
- Shareable content for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Downloadable files for creating note/postcards and banners.
In the newspaper column included in the Advent/Christmas media kit, Harrison emphasizes the need to gather in church because that is where Jesus is:
“God is with us. Jesus came at Christmas to save you. But not just at Christmas. He comes to save you now.
“Believers in Jesus gather together at church every week, and there Jesus meets them. He speaks to them through His Word in the Bible. He brings the forgiveness of sins to those who trust in Him. He is there with comfort and peace for His people. Every week.
“As we gather together in church under His name, we know that Christ is with us, just as He has promised to be. This is our joy, the joy of all the earth.
“Join us on Christmas as we gather together to praise this Christ, who will come to us on Sunday as truly as He came to earth on that first Christmas.”
Download the Advent/Christmas media kit at blogs.lcms.org/2019/advent-christmas-media-kit.
Posted Oct. 28, 2019