- Three of the most significant First Amendment cases of 2018: Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, National Institute of Family and Life Advocates v. Becerra and Janus v. American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees. These cases have the potential to set important precedents for our First Amendment freedoms.
- An update from Alliance Defending Freedom on the issue of a minister’s housing allowance that has come before the court. Churches should note this discussion is taking place, as it could someday affect how congregations pay their pastors.
- An overview of how an Army chaplain faced discipline by a military investigator, who concluded that the Southern Baptist chaplain discriminated against a lesbian woman by declining to conduct a marriage retreat after she signed up to attend with her partner.
- A review of why the U.S. Constitution forbids a religious test for office. Recently, such a test was wrongfully posed to those seeking office.
- The latest news on the Lutheran Center for Religious Liberty in Washington, D.C., and how the center works to address recent attacks on religious freedom in our society and culture.
If you would like to stay informed on issues related to marriage, life, religious freedom or the establishment of the Lutheran Center for Religious Liberty, please send your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit lcms.org/freetobefaithful to learn more about this initiative and the resources it offers.