Concordia University, St. Paul, St. Paul, Minn., seeks nominations for the position of president.
The president is the chief executive officer of the university and is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of university life, including its spiritual, academic, financial, administrative and student life dimensions.
All presidential activities are to advance and contribute to the fulfillment of the university’s stated mission. The president will articulate, implement and personally exemplify the mission, vision and core values of the university.
The president serves a five-year term, with provision for renewal.
- Active membership in a congregation of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod and faithful to the doctrine and practice of the LCMS as stated in Article II of the Synod Constitution.
- An earned doctorate (preferred).
- A commitment to Lutheran higher education and a corresponding awareness of the implications classical Lutheran theology has for academic vocations.
- Experience in higher education leadership, with a premium on academic excellence and seeking and retaining high-quality faculty.
- An aptitude for spiritual leadership of the campus community, manifesting by word and personal example a commitment to Lutheran Christianity as expressed in the Book of Concord.
- A demonstrated ability to discover, generate and cultivate human and financial resources in order to facilitate the realization of the university’s mission.
- Communication skills, entailing the ability to represent the university and articulate well its mission to various constituencies.
- A facility for organizational and team leadership, with the ability to recruit and inspire colleagues, lead a complex organization and work constructively and effectively with both internal and external constituencies.
- A commitment to support and encourage diversity as one important aspect of the fulfillment of the university’s mission and values.
- The kind of overall vision necessary to bring the foregoing qualities to expression in a successful achievement of the university’s mission statement.
More details of the responsibilities and duties of presidents of LCMS universities are enumerated in Bylaw 188.8.131.52 of the Synod Handbook.
Additional information can be found on the Concordia, St. Paul presidential search website.
Nominations and applications can be sent to email@example.com. To receive full consideration, all materials should be received on or before Dec. 10.
Posted Oct. 29, 2018