The March 2017 issue of Reaching Rural America for Christ shares insight into how to make teaching the faith through confirmation interesting and fun for both the students and teachers.
Congregations are encouraged to use the helpful tips in existing and future classes.
In addition, information is provided about the 2017 National Rural & Small Town Mission Conference, which will be held Nov. 9-11, in Kansas City, Mo., at the Hilton Kansas City Airport.
The newsletter also offers information about ongoing free monthly webinars and other events.Read March 2017 RSTM newsletter
Visit lcms.org/rstm to learn more about this ministry and the resources it provides. Also, mark your calendars and pray for the following upcoming events offered through RSTM:
- “Teaching the Faith: Confirmation” free webinar presented by Rev. Kenton J. Birtell, Mount Calvary Lutheran Church, Holdrege, Neb. – Thursday, March 9, from 1 to 2 p.m. Central time. Visit lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating.
- Engaging Your Community (EYC) event in Sparta, Ill. – Saturday, March 18, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Central time at St. John’s Lutheran Church. The LCMS Southern Illinois District will help with the presentations. View schedule and register online.
- Engaging the Wandering (ETW) event in Green Valley, Ill. – Saturday, April 22, from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Central time at St. John’s (Sand Prairie) Lutheran Church. The LCMS Central Illinois District will help with the presentations. View schedule and register online.
- “re:Vitality for Rural and Small Town Congregations” free webinar presented by Rev. Mark Wood, director, LCMS Witness & Outreach Ministry – Thursday, April 27, from 1 to 2 p.m. Central time at St. John’s Lutheran Church. Visit lcms.org/rstm if you are interested in participating.
- 2017 National Rural & Small Town Mission Conference in Kansas City, Mo., at the Hilton Kansas City Airport – Thursday, Nov. 9, through Saturday, Nov. 11. Keynote speakers include the Rev. Todd Kollbaum, director, LCMS Rural & Small Town Mission; the Rev. Heath Trampe, senior pastor, Faith Lutheran Church, York, Neb.; Benjamin Winchester, senior research fellow, University of Minnesota Extension; and the Rev. Benjamin Meyer, pastor, Hope Lutheran Church, Sandbury, Ohio. More information and online registration can be found at lcms.org/rstm/conference.