As of Oct. 27, The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod’s California-Nevada-Hawaii (CNH) District reports the following regarding the impact of the wildfires on affected congregations:
- St. John Lutheran Church, Napa — Eight family homes lost, including homes of two preschool staff members;
- St. Mark Lutheran Church, Santa Rosa — 22 family homes lost, including home of one church staff member;
- St. Luke Lutheran Church, Santa Rosa — At least six family homes lost, including home of one church staff member;
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Healdsburg — Three members lost their homes.
- Grace Lutheran Church, Grass Valley – One family lost their home.
- Faith Lutheran Church, Sonoma — One family lost their home and business; and
- Vineyard of Faith Lutheran Church, Windsor — One member family lost their home.
The LCMS encourages congregations to use the following church bulletin insert and flier to inform members how they can join relief efforts.Bulletin Insert: Color and B&W (Oct. 29)
Flier (Oct. 29)