LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison pauses during the International Lutheran Council’s World Seminaries Conference in Germany to give an overview of the Synod’s response to Hurricane Matthew, which includes aid to victims in both Haiti and the Synod’s Southeastern District. After strengthening to Category 5, Hurricane Matthew later became a Category-4 storm with reported destructive winds in excess of 140 miles per hour as it moved through the Caribbean and up the U.S. southeastern coastline.
You can help
- Pray: Join the LCMS in prayer for those who suffer in the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew. Pastors may offer the prayer in congregations, and all are invited to include these victims in personal prayers. Let us pray
- Give: Support disaster relief and recovery
- Bulletin Insert: Download color and B&W bulletin insert for LCMS congregations
- Reporter Online: Disaster responders visit areas hit hardest by hurricane to further aid efforts
- Video: Hurricane Matthew Update