Concordia University System
The following institutions of the Concordia University System (CUS) are seeking candidates for positions:
- Concordia University Wisconsin, Mequon: faculty — Social Sciences (Ann Arbor, Mich., campus).
- Concordia University Portland, Portland, Ore.: faculty — Nursing (2 positions).
- Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Ill.: director of Language Development and Mentoring (Dalian, China); director of Academics (Dalian, China); director of Operations (Dalian, China).
- Concordia University, Nebraska, Seward: advancement officer; faculty — Computer Science/Mathematics; Distance Learning and E-resources librarian.
- Concordia University Texas, Austin: assistant professor of History.
For more information about these and other positions, including complete job descriptions, qualifications and application process, visit http://cusapps.cus.edu and click on “Campus Positions Available.”
Call for nominations/applicants: Kansas District
The LCMS Kansas District is seeking qualified candidates for the position of assistant to the district president for Missions and Stewardship. Applicants must be on the LCMS clergy roster (Minister of Religion—Ordained) and have a minimum of 10 years of experience in professional church work, with a major portion of this experience in the parish.
The assistant shall be called by the board of directors for three years, subject to annual review. The individual will be accountable to the district president and the board of directors through the boards of missions and stewardship.
Primary job responsibilities:
- execute the policy decisions of the boards of missions and stewardship.
- advise the boards of missions and stewardship on their strategic plans.
- provide for missions and stewardship education.
- provide consulting and training services to congregations.
- work to establish a districtwide planned-giving program.
Candidates must demonstrate a strong desire and ability to serve the district as a liaison to the LCMS Offices of National and International Mission, and must also be willing to live in or near Topeka, Kan., and work out of the district office.
Applications and/or nominations must be submitted by May 31. A draft position description, as well as an application and nomination form, is available on the district website at kslcms.org. Applications and/or nomination forms should be returned to the office of the district president at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted April 29, 2016