The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod has submitted a formal request to the Secretary of Defense to ensure specific protections for chaplains, service members, medical personnel, DoD civilians and other DoD-affiliated employees, per the recently mandated LGBT Pride Month and the new DoD policies on transgender service members, which include in-service gender transitions while serving in the military.Read letter
LCMS letter to U.S. Secretary of Defense: Protecting religious freedom for our troops
Facts and Stats
Logos and Style
Download the LCMS Official Stylebook and Letter and Grammar Guidelines and browse a collection of logos and graphics on our Logos and Style page.
- Annunciation: In the Midst of Lent, Joy March 25, 2017
- Orientation prepares new national, international missionaries for service March 23, 2017
- Movie review: ‘Beauty and the Beast’ March 23, 2017
- New from CPH: ‘Lutheranism 101 — All About Jesus’ March 23, 2017
- Andrea Hinrichs: I took my grand children to the play and to the ca...
- kelly m: God bless all chaplains and our military men and w...
- Susan Stonell: “Christian formation must immerse the Christian ...
- Christopher Esget: What a beautiful story. I am continually grateful ...
2016 LCMS Convention Abortion Africa Audio Campus Ministry concordia publishing house Concordia Seminary concordia university system Convention Disaster Response Free to Be Faithful Health Ministry International International Mission KFUO LCMS Convention LCMS Districts Lifeline Life Ministry marriage Matthew Harrison Ministry to the Armed Forces Missionaries Movie Review National national mission periscope Photos President Publications Recognized Service Organization religious freedom Resource Rural and Small Town Mission same-sex marriage School Ministry Searching Scripture Seminary Shedding Some Light Stewardship Ministry The Lutheran Witness Unwrapping the Gifts Videos Worship Youth Ministry