In this issue from LCMS’ Rural & Small Town Mission (RSTM), insight into the benefit churches can realize by working together and forming partnerships in ministry with other churches is provided. In addition, general information about the ongoing Engaging Your Community (EYC) events and free monthly webinars is communicated.
- View the current issue of Reaching Rural America for Christ newsletter Download Newsletter
Visit www.lcms.org/rstm to learn more about the ministry of and the resources provided from LCMS’ Rural & Small Town Mission (RSTM). Also, mark your calendars and be praying for the following upcoming events offered through RSTM:
- Witnessing Grandparents free webinar presented by Dr. Richard Bimler, ambassador of Health, Hope and Aging, Lutheran Life Communities – Thursday, Oct. 23, 2014, 1-2 p.m. CST. Visit the event page if you are interested in participating.
- Small Places, Big Mission – Standing in the Gap, RSTM National Conference – Thursday, Nov. 6, 2014 – Saturday, Nov. 8, 2014, in Kansas City, Mo. at the Marriott Kansas City Airport. Keynote speakers include the Rev. Dr. Dale Meyer, president, Concordia Seminary; the Rev. Dr. Lawrence Rast, president, Concordia Theological Seminary; and the Rev. Todd Kollbaum, director, RSTM. Information about this conference can be found at www.lcms.org/rstm/conference.
- Christmas Outreach free webinar – Thursday, Nov. 13, 2014, 1-2 p.m. CST. Visit the event page if you are interested in participating.
- Engaging Your Community (EYC) event – Saturday, Nov. 15, 2014, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ortonville, Minn., from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. CST. To register, go to www.lcms.org/rstm/engaging-rural-communities or contact the RSTM office.