The end of an early-registration discount rate for those interested in attending the 2015 LCMS Life Conference is fast approaching.
The conference will be held Jan. 22-24 at the Crystal City Hilton Hotel in Arlington, Va.
An early-registration rate of $185, or $85 for students, applies for those who register for the conference by Nov. 30. After that date, the regular registration rate is $200, or $100 for students. The registration fee covers breakfasts and dinners during the conference.
The theme is “It’s Your Time to Stand” — specifically, to stand for the 2,900 children who are aborted every day in the United States. The conference will be held in conjunction with the 2015 National March for Life, set for Jan. 22 in Washington, D.C.
The conference will focus on pro-life advocacy, provide a solid theological motivation for Lutherans to stand for life and share practical tips for becoming more vocal about pro-life issues.
Conference speakers will include:
- LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison;
- Robert George, author of Conscience and Its Enemies: Confronting the Dogmas of Liberal Secularism and professor at Princeton University;
- Lila Rose, pro-life activist and founder of the pro-life group Live Action;
- Carol Tobias, president of the National Right to Life Committee;
- Dr. Donna Harrison, director of Research and Public Policy for the American Association of Pro-life Obstetricians and Gynecologists;
- the Rev. Dr. Jeffrey Gibbs, professor of Exegetical Theology at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis;
- Mollie Ziegler Hemingway, pro-life journalist; and
- Laura Davis, director of Youth4Life.
On the first day of the conference, participants will gather for an LCMS Divine Service at the hotel conference site before traveling together to attend the March for Life.
A special lodging rate of $119 per night is available at the Crystal City Hilton Hotel for participants who mention the LCMS Life Conference when making reservations.
Posted Nov. 11, 2014