Concordia Seminary: senior vice-president for Advancement
Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, serves church and world by providing theological education and leadership, centered in the Gospel, to form pastors, deaconesses, missionaries and leaders in the name of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. It offers the M.Div., STM, M.A., Ph.D. and D.Min degrees as well as several certificate programs that lead to ordination in the LCMS.
The seminary is currently engaged in a search for a senior vice-president for Advancement. The qualified candidate will perform the following duties:
- directs solicitation, tracking and recognition of donor gifts; drafts and coordinates grant requests.
- directs design and production of all seminary non-academic communication, both written and electronic forms.
- participates in development and implementation of seminary strategic plan.
- develops specific fundraising goals to support annual seminary operating budget.
- directs continual process improvement within the Advancement Office and oversees recruiting efforts to fill vacancies with qualified, professional staff members.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate 10 years of experience in interpersonal communications, relationship building, fund development, mass communication and public relations, as well as budgetary, campaign and project management. Candidate should be familiar with academic environment. Master’s degree required. Professional certification in fundraising also required. Master’s in Divinity preferred, but not required.
Please submit resume in confidence to email@example.com or fax to 314-505-7001. Or submit via U.S. mail to Concordia Seminary Human Resources, 801 Seminary Place, St. Louis, MO 63105.
The following institutions of the Concordia University System (CUS) are seeking candidates for positions:
- Concordia College, Selma, Ala., seeks to fill positions in criminal justice; social work; and mathematics (six positions) and seeks an assistant professor of English; and vice-president for Institutional Advancement.
- Concordia College–New York, Bronxville, N.Y., seeks to fill the following position: director of business graduate program.
- Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Ill., seeks to fill the following position: assistant/associate professor of Instruction Design & Technology.
- Concordia University Wisconsin, Mequon, Wis., seeks to fill the following position: nursing faculty.
For more information about these and other CUS positions, including complete job descriptions, qualifications and application process, visit www.lcms.org/cusjobs and click on “Positions Available at Our Campuses.”
Posted April 25, 2012 / Updated May 15, 2012