Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, currently is engaged in a search for a director of Library Services. The seminary serves the Church and world by providing theological education and leadership, centered in the Gospel, to form pastors, deaconesses, missionaries and leaders in the name of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. It offers the M.Div., STM, M.A., Ph.D. and D.Min. degrees as well as several certificate programs that lead to ordination in the LCMS.
The qualified candidate will perform the following duties:
* Leads and supervises all aspects of library theological services, programs, processes and technologies to meet the needs of the seminary community, as well as serve the Church and world.
* Develops, leads and supervises a diverse library staff that is technically proficient and service-focused.
* Contributes to the development and implementation of the seminary strategic plan as it applies to library utilization.
* Supervises acquisition of all resources and other collection materials to serve the needs of students, faculty and community.
* Reaches out to other local, state, national and international libraries to promote cooperative efforts consistent with official seminary policies while seeking ways to encourage Church and world to make full use of library services.
* Works with Advancement office to establish priorities and identify potential sources for funding special library needs. Also has budgetary responsibility for library.
The candidate must be knowledgeable in academic library operations and Lutheran theology, as well as be familiar with technical trends in library science. The candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to connect library resources with the needs of the theological academic community.
A master’s in Library Science or equivalent is required; master’s degree or higher in theology (preferred). Proven successful library management experience. Rostered LCMS member (preferred). Willingness to pursue colloquy.
Please submit resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax to 314-505-7331 no later than May 15; or submit via U.S. mail to Concordia Seminary Human Resources, 801 Seminary Place, St. Louis, MO 63105.
Indiana District Lutheran Church Extension Fund seeks to fill the position of vice-president and Indiana District chief financial officer (CFO). The individual selected for this position will serve on the Indiana District Executive Team and be responsible for the operation and promotion of the Lutheran Church Extension Fund ministry and serve as the CFO of the Indiana District. This full-time position is open to an individual who shall be a member in good standing of a congregation of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. Core competencies include a strong mission-outreach ministry perspective; a grasp of financial, accounting and banking principles; demonstrated abilities in leadership, motivation and an obvious servant/leader approach. Skills sought include those of a leader, organizer, supervisor, communicator, team player, teacher, financial/insurance adviser and counselor. Please submit resume by June 1 to the Rev. Daniel P. May, president, Indiana District LCMS, 1145 S. Barr St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802-3135 (or to email@example.com).
The following institutions of the Concordia University System (CUS) are seeking candidates for positions:
* Concordia College Alabama, Selma, Ala., seeks to fill positions in criminal justice; social work; mathematics (six positions).
* Concordia University, Irvine, Calif., seeks to fill the position of resident director; and positions in educational technology; and Student Success Initiatives.
* Concordia University, St. Paul, Minn., seeks to fill faculty positions in kinesiology and health sciences; and communication studies.
* Concordia University Nebraska, Seward, Neb., seeks to fill the position of director of Student Financial Services and Financial Aid Compliance.
* Concordia University Texas, Austin, Texas, seeks to fill a position in marketing and communications (Admissions).
For more information about these and other CUS positions, including complete job descriptions, qualifications and application process, visit www.lcms.org/cusjobs and click on “Positions Available at Our Campuses.”
Posted March 29, 2012