The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod (LCMS) announces an opening for the position of KFUO director of Broadcast Services, housed at the KFUO site in Clayton, Mo.
KFUO Radio is the broadcast ministry of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. KFUO is the oldest operating Christian radio station in the United States. The broadcast ministry of the LCMS is operated for the purpose of providing high-quality, distinctively Lutheran broadcast programs that nurture the Christian faith and support and supplement the witness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. The theological confession of the LCMS is broadcast via terrestrial radio station KFUO 850 AM and via the continuous stream of the Internet. Various programs are archived for the express purpose of providing the Church’s message “on demand” to our listeners.
The director position is accountable to the president of the Synod and the president’s office and is responsible for providing supervision and leadership to the broadcast and administrative staff of the radio station. The director position serves as the chief administrator for the LCMS broadcast ministry; this responsibility includes establishing and meeting the goals and objectives of the organization as well as adhering to budgets, establishing long-range goals and monitoring the business affairs of KFUO Radio.
Additional responsibilities include implementing the vision for KFUO to become the voice for confessional Lutheran broadcast around the world through ongoing development of confessional Lutheran broadcast programming. The director ascertains that all broadcast program content conforms to the theological position of the LCMS. The director also is responsible for the KFUO building, facilities and broadcast equipment.
The position also provides key leadership in all aspects of KFUO fund development efforts; compliance with all government regulations, requirements, rules and procedures related to radio and Internet broadcast. The latter responsibility includes remaining up-to-date on current and emerging broadcast technology.
The supervision responsibilities of this position include recruiting and retaining staff; day-to-day supervision, delegation, as well as the initiation and completion of the annual performance reviews. The director may be asked to assist the LCMS Communications Department with the broadcast of public-relations activities.
- Active member of an LCMS congregation; faithful to the holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions and supportive of the Synod’s Constitution, Bylaws and policies.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in practical knowledge and experience; M.Div. or similar degree is preferred, but not required.
- Ordained clergy of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, in good standing, preferred, but not required.
- Five years of management experience, preferably in a communications-related field, managing a small-to-medium-sized staff consisting of professional or technical workers.
- Demonstrated ability as a strong, inspiring leader with strong attributes as a self-starter and problem-solver.
- Demonstrated ability in the areas of fund development and public relations.
- Skills in managing projects and programs and the ability to implement creative ideas.
Qualified candidates are welcome to apply online via www.lcms.org/jobsboard.
Lutheran Inter-City Network Coalition (LINC), Rochester, N.Y., seeks a full-time ministry leader. LINC Rochester is a collection of churches in the area of Rochester, N.Y., working together to grow the kingdom of God in urban Rochester.
For more information, contact Pastor Arnold Deknatel at email@example.com or 585-223-5757. The application deadline is Nov. 15.
The following institutions of the Concordia University System are seeking candidates for positions:
- Concordia University Texas, Austin, Texas, seeks to fill the position of assistant director of DCE Program.
- Concordia University Wisconsin, Mequon, Wis., seeks to fill a faculty position in political science.
- Concordia University, Portland, Ore., seeks to fill faculty positions in law (four positions in Boise, Idaho).
- Concordia College, Selma, Ala., seeks to fill the positions of financial controller; maintenance supervisor.
For more information about these and other CUS positions, including complete job descriptions, qualifications and application process, visit www.lcms.org/cusjobs and click on “Positions Available at Our Campuses.”
Posted Oct. 21, 2011