by Adriane Dorr
- Kathy’s husband of 29 years;
- dad to Matthew and Mark, both in high school;
- a 1989 Master of Divinity and 1991 Master of Sacred Theology graduate of Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, Ind.; additional graduate study at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, Mo.;
- a former missionary in Canada and pastor to parishes in rural Iowa and inner-city Fort Wayne, Ind., where he spearheaded a revitalization project that cleared decaying and rundown houses to revive an unstable neighborhood;
- well-known in the scholarly realm as an engaging speaker;
- the author and translator of several books, such as The Little Book on Joy: The Secret of Living a Good News Life in a Bad News World (2010) and At Home in the House of My Fathers, a 2009 compendium of translated sermons and essays by LCMS church fathers.
For an in-depth Q&A with Rev. Matthew Harrison, read the August issue of Reporter, the Synod’s official newspaper, or visit Reporter Online at www.lcms.org/reporter. Also, Reporter will contain a more detailed summary of important convention actions.
About the Author: Adriane Dorr is managing editor of The Lutheran Witness