Lutheran Hour Ministries (LHM), St. Louis, Mo., seeks to fill an immediate vacancy for the position of division director of International Ministries. Sought for this position is an experienced manager to direct the operation of all international LHM offices, project centers, and contact offices around the world.
Duties involve leading the International Ministries Division by setting vision and planning, and by evaluating programming, staff performance, and training. This includes: supervising area counselors and other selected staff team members to prepare and empower the international offices to proclaim the Gospel message appropriately to their local populations; stimulating healthy growth of local support in each country where LHM has an office; controlling division budget by reviewing spending on a regular basis; maintaining productive working relationships with local board and partner church leadership; and interfacing with the Ministries Committee, Board of Governors, international staff leadership, and LHM headquarters staff.
- bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred;
- experience working with international cultures and laws;
- background in nonprofit management and understanding of administering off-site work facilities;
- capability to lead employees to create a high-functioning team;
- ability to travel and work effectively with employees at all levels;
- background in fund development very helpful;
- active membership in a Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod congregation or partner church;
- a love for ministry; and
- an empowering and positive “can-do” attitude and team spirit.
Promptly send nominations, along with contact information or resume of applicant with cover letter, to Jackie O’Guin, Human Resources, Lutheran Hour Ministries, 660 Mason Ridge Center Drive, St. Louis, MO 63141-8557; fax: 314-317-4291; e-mail: email@example.com; Web site: www.lhm.org.
The following institutions of the Concordia University System are seeking candidates for positions:
- Concordia College–New York, Bronxville, N.Y., seeks to fill faculty positions in Teacher Education; Nursing (full- and part-time); and Economics and Management.
- Concordia University, Ann Arbor, Mich., seeks a director of financial aid.
- Concordia University Nebraska, Seward, Neb., seeks a director of Instructional Technology and E-Learning.
- Concordia University Texas, Austin, Texas, seeks to fill faculty positions in Biology; and Education: Middle/Secondary Mathematics or Science.
For more information about these and other CUS positions, including complete job descriptions, qualifications, and application process, visit http://www.lcms.org/cusjobs and click on “Job Opportunities” and then “Positions Available at Our Campuses.”
Posted Feb. 25, 2010