The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod extends a call for nominations for the position of assistant executive director of the Commission on Theology and Church Relations (CTCR).
The Commission, with the assistance of three full-time executives, provides leadership and guidance to the Synod on matters of theology and church relations. The Commission also assists the president of the Synod, at his request, in discharging his constitutional responsibilities.
Principal responsibilities for the assistant executive director include supporting the executive director in carrying out his responsibilities and providing leadership and guidance in the areas of theology and church relations. This position maintains a close liaison with the staff of the office of the president, providing assistance to the president as requested. This position serves as the primary resource staff person for providing information and guidance in the area of religious organizations and movements, including presentations at the seminaries and throughout the Synod.
The position executes research projects and prepares resource materials and drafts, responds to correspondence to the Commission with requests for information and guidance in matters of theology and church relations; participates in all meetings of the Commission, including ecumenical meetings and dialogues as assigned; provides theological expertise for various task forces and committees; facilitates the preparation of evaluations on religious organizations and movements; and provides direction and counsel to other Synod boards and commissions in this area.
The assistant executive director also monitors ecclesiastical and social development in assigned areas; assists in the planning of theological conferences and workshops sponsored by the Commission; and maintains the Commission’s library and archives. This position requires relocation to St. Louis, Mo., and is to be based at the International Center of the LCMS.
* active member of an LCMS congregation, familiar with the Synod structure and organizations.
* faithful to the Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions and supportive of the Synod’s Constitution, Bylaws, and policies.
* advanced degree in theology with demonstrated ability to deal evangelically with sensitive situations. An earned doctorate is a plus.
* minimum of five years experience in congregational service is preferred.
* experience in church relations, such as serving on inter-synodical and ecumenical committees and consultations.
* ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
* potential for developing administrative skills, including the ability to carry on and supervise theological research.
* a personality suited to working harmoniously with others.
For more information, or to be considered for this position, interested persons should e-mail resume and salary information to email@example.com, human resources manager; or fax 314-996-1121; or mail The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, Human Resources, Attention: BH, 1333 S. Kirkwood Road, St. Louis, MO 63122-7295. Telephone 314-996-1368 or 800-248-1930, ext. 1368.
A portfolio of theological writings may be requested upon invitation to interview for this position.
An LCMS Application for Employment can be accessed via the link below:
The following institution of the Concordia University System is seeking candidates for positions:
Concordia University, Irvine, Calif., seeks to fill faculty positions in nursing and Educational Technology.
For more information about these and other CUS positions, including complete job descriptions, qualifications, and application process, visit http://www.lcms.org/cusjobs and click on “Job Opportunities” and then “Positions Available at Our Campuses.”
Posted May 31, 2010