Concordia International School Shanghai, Shanghai, China, seeks to fill the position of elementary school principal. Application deadline is Nov. 30.
For more information about this position, including job description, qualifications, and application process, visit www.ciss.com.cn/employment, and then click on “Job Postings.”
The Lutheran High School Association of NYC (dba Martin Luther High School) is extending an invitation for a dynamic individual to join our team as head of school at our NYC (Maspeth, Queens) location. This individual must be a rostered member of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod.
The head of school provides executive leadership and overall direction to the School including meeting growth and profitability goals:
- responsible for guaranteeing that above all else that the Gospel message that Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice for our sins is foremost in the minds of our students, faculty and the community at large.
- responsible for the overall financial performance, condition and viability of the School.
- develops and implements short-term and long-term strategic plans.
- provides the BOD with accurate and timely information about the school on a continuing basis to facilitate informed decision making.
- provides sound business, managerial, and financial guidance to subordinates in the conduct of their duties, as well as facilitating effective communication on a daily basis so as to reinforce teamwork and information sharing.
- assures effective administration and management of the school through the application of management principles within established guidelines; ensures that operating internal controls are properly applied.
- dispenses advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans, standards, and procedures consistent with established policies.
- establishes and maintains an effective organizational structure so as to accomplish the school’s objectives; establishes practices to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession.
- develops and implements adequate measures to meet the fiscal needs of the School, to conserve its assets and to maintain an effective system of budgeting control.
- ensures compliance with all regulatory and statutory regulations; amends existing policies/procedures as needed.
- leads the development efforts of the school as part of the ongoing fiscal planning process.
Major accountabilities of the head of school’s position include: student recruitment, student retention, school profitability, financial administration, school growth and development, staff and faculty development, and development and fundraising.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position.
- master’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- successful record of leadership in higher education and/or business. At least eight to 10 years of relevant experience required, including five years of which must be as a principal/teacher/executive director/head of school; three to five years of sales or marketing experience (strongly preferred); and experience with secondary educational institutions.
- an understanding of the not for-profit sector of secondary education, to include an understanding of basic data processing system concepts.
- knowledgeable in personnel administration with an understanding of wage and salary administration, performance evaluation, succession planning and training.
Interested applicants should send inquiries, resumes, and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries must be received no later than
The following institutions of the Concordia University System (CUS) are seeking candidates for positions described below:
- Concordia College-New York, Bronxville, N.Y., seeks to fill a faculty position in biology.
- Concordia University, Ann Arbor, Mich., seeks to fill the position of head football coach.
- Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Ill., seeks to fill the following faculty positions: School Leadership; Curriculum and Instruction; Reading; chair, Department of Curriculum, Language, and Literacy.
- Concordia University, Irvine, Calif., seeks to fill a faculty position in philosophy.
- Concordia University Texas, Austin, Texas, seeks to fill the following faculty positions: director, Healthcare Administration; education, Regional Graduate Education coordinator (Dallas/Fort Worth).
- Concordia University Wisconsin, Mequon, Wis., seeks to fill the following faculty positions: Biochemistry/Organic Chemistry; director, Graduate Counseling; English; Exercise Physiology; Physiology; Psychology; Spanish.
For more information about these and other CUS positions, including complete job descriptions, qualifications, and application process, visit http://www.lcms.org/cusjobs and click on “Positions Available at Our Campuses.”
Posted Oct. 30, 2009