Ruth N. Koch, keynote speaker at the 33rd Biennial Convention of the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League, held June 25-28 in Portland, Ore., shared “The Top Ten Lessons I Learned While Hiking Mount Cambio” (Change Mountain):
10. Bunions are no excuse.
9. The lift of the Spirit, the warmth of the Son, the solid footing of the Father made the hike up Change Mountain an experience like no other.
8. Warm up, buckle up, pair up, and start up together.
7. Your limitations are not nearly as important as your companions.
6. Enjoy the challenge and the journey. You can do hard things!
5. What you can’t do alone, you can do together.
4. Plan your next hike while you’re coming down from the first.
3. Faith trumps fear.
2. When you get to the top, dance!
1. The Lord reigns!
Posted July 1, 2009