Concordia Publishing House is offering two new Bible studies written especially for women. Both of the four-session studies are available only as “downloads” from CPH’s Web site.
- Beautiful Feet ($30, item no. 20-3482WEB), by Deb Burma, is based on Rom. 10:15 — “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news.” Participants are encouraged to consider their spiritual gifts and how they can use those gifts to fulfill their vocations.
- Treasured ($30, item no. 20-3483WEB), also by Burma, focuses on Deut. 14:2, “You were bought at a great price,” and Rom. 5:8, “While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” In the study, participants hear that God makes His creations as unique as multi-faceted diamonds to reflect “His light” in each of them.
Both studies are designed for small groups, encouraging women to read specific Bible verses, then respond with introspection, prayer, and discussion.
The downloadable resources include leaders notes, participants worksheets, and a PowerPoint presentation. For more information or to order, visit www.cph.org.
CPH also is offering 10 of its “top tier” women’s resources at 20 percent off through August. The offer was made in response to a challenge from Lutheran Women’s Missionary League President Janice Wendorf at the auxiliary’s 33rd Biennial Convention this summer in Portland. Wendorf asked convention-goers to be “in the Word” in Bible study on a daily basis.
Gretchen M. Jameson, who manages public relations at CPH, said the publisher “supports President Jan’s challenge” and offers resources to help women study God’s Word.
“Whether daily Bible study and devotion is an established ritual or a new routine, our women’s resources fit, and we are extending ad expanding our convention offers throughout the month of August for women of the LWML and for all women,” Jameson said.
Among items on sale are:
- A Mother’s Search for Meaning: The Dance Goes On (regularly $9.99, now $7.99, item no. 124340EWM), by Roberta Bandy.
- Blessings and Prayers for Women (regularly $4.99, now $3.99, item no. 124249EWM).
- A variety of A New Song studies, edited by Jane Fryar.
To order any of the on-sale resources, or for more information, visit www.cph.org/women or call CPH toll-free at 800-325-3040.
Posted Aug. 12, 2009