The Synod’s two seminaries are offering a total of 31 workshops and courses this summer at off-campus locations nationwide.
Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, is sponsoring 13 workshops for pastors, professional church workers, and interested laypeople:
- “Church-State Issues from a Lutheran Perspective,” to be held June 18-20 at the Luther Institute in Washington, D.C. ($200, limited to seven participants).
- “Martin Luther for the Parish Pastor,” June 25-27 in Seymour, Ind.
- “The Minor Prophets: Then and Now,” July 9-11 in Phoenix.
- “Two Kinds of Righteousness: A Better Paradigm than Law and Gospel,” July 9-11 in Whitefish, Mont.
- “Journey with Jonah,” July 16-18 in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- “In Christ and in the World: 1 Corinthians and the Christian Life in a (Sometimes) Hostile Culture,” July 23-25 in West Fargo, N.D.
- “Practicing Ambidexterity,” July 23-25 in Wichita, Kan.
- “Journey with Jonah,” July 23-25 in Albany, N.Y.
- “James the Apostle of Faith and Works,” July 30-Aug. 1 in Waverly, Iowa.
- “The Johannine Epistles and the Apostle of Love,” Aug. 6-8 in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- “In Christ and in the World: 1 Corinthians and the Christian Life in a (Sometimes) Hostile Culture,” Aug. 13-15 in Cleveland.
- “Martin Luther for the Parish Pastor,” Aug. 13-15 in Cedar Crest, N.M.
- “Restore the Roar: Studies in the Book of Amos,” Aug. 13-15 in Tryon, N.C.
Registration is $115 for each workshop, except where noted otherwise. For more information or to register, contact the seminary’s Office of Continuing Education and Parish Services at (314) 505-7123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eighteen courses are being offered by Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne:
- “The Holiness of God in Sacrificial Worship according to Leviticus,” May 9-11 in Fort Wayne, Ind., and May 14-18 in Albuquerque, N.M.
- “The Gospel of Mark: The Mystery of Jesus,” May 21-24 in St. Cloud, Minn.
- “Christian Initiation and Catechetics,” May 30-June 1 in Wheaton, Ill.
- “He Restores My Soul: Restoring the Whole” (retreat), June 4-7 in Bishop, Calif.
- “Theological Ethics,” June 4-8 in Hickory, N.C.
- “The Christology of the Book of Revelation,” June 4-8 in Jackson, Wyo.
- “The Old Testament as Servant of Christ and His Church,” June 18-20 in Tomball, Texas.
- “Paul and his Opponents in Galatia,” June 18-22 in Palo Alto, Calif.
- “Formative Influences in American Christianity,” June 25-27 in Shawano, Wis.
- “The Care of the Soul,” June 25-28 in Norwalk, Conn.
- “Luther as Pastoral Theologian,” June 25-29 in Seattle.
- “Paul’s Letter to the Galatians: The Freedom of a Christian,” June 26-28 in Macomb, Mich.
- “The Lutheran Way with the Liturgy,” July 9-13 in Kearney, Neb.
- “History and Theology of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod,” July 23-26 in Austin, Texas.
- “The Gospel of Mark: A New Approach,” July 30-Aug. 3 in Flathead Lake, Mont.
- “God’s Word in Our Language — The Story of the English Bible,” Aug. 6-8 in Fairhope, Ala.
- “Are Today’s Ears Hearing the Timeless Message? Communicating Law and Gospel in Today’s Culture,” Aug. 13-15 in Port Charlotte, Fla.
Tuition for each four- to five-day course is $225 for ordained pastors and professional church workers, and $100 for retired pastors and laypeople. Tuition for each three-day course is $150 for pastors and professional church workers, and $75 for retired pastors and laypeople. Students and vicars may attend free. Continuing Education Units are available.
Registration for the June 4-7 retreat in Bishop, Calif., is $150.
For more information, call Carrie O’Donnell at (260) 452-2266 or email@example.com. Or, visit the Web site www.ctsfw.edu/events/continuing-ed/index.php.
Posted April 27, 2007