The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League is offering a number of resources to help congregations celebrate “LWML Sunday” on Oct. 7 or an alternate date.
This year’s resources are based on the theme “ROCK! Rest On Christ the King” from Psalm 31:1-3 and were written by Dr. Dale Meyer, president of Concordia Seminary, St. Louis.
The special-Sunday items include:
- worship bulletins, either “blank” ($8.50 for 100) or “preprinted” with information for congregations ($9.75 for 100), in two sizes — 8 ½ x 11 inches and 8 ½ x 14 inches.
- a worship-service compact disk ($9, item no. 99005E), with a variety of LWML and LWML Sunday resources.
- offering envelopes (free, item no. 16095).
Also available are these new resources for women:
- A Woman’s Praying Heart ($2.75, item no. 23200), a collection of prayers written by women for women. The purse-sized booklet includes prayers for congregations, families, friends, self, life transitions, and country, and covers topics such as “Our Pastor is Leaving,” “My Husband is Not a Believer,” “Raising Teenagers,” and “I Have Too Much to Do.”
- Hear My Voice, O Lord: Devotions on the Psalms ($2.50, item no. 20760), by Patricia R. Mitchell, with 28 devotions based on the Psalms. Each devotion includes a Scripture verse, a meditative prayer, and “a brief walk with a fellow traveler” — men and women from the Bible.
- Six new Mustard Seed Devotions ($2.50 per set), designed especially for today’s women. The new sets include from 28 to 32 Bible-based devotions with color illustrations and are packaged in purse-sized vinyl wallets. New titles are Begin with God, on the blessings of God in our lives; Living in Praise, on living praise-filled lives; Walking with My Lord, designed to encourage; Living in Faith, designed especially for new Christians; Living in the Spirit, on living lives of service and witness; and With This Ring, for couples.
The LWML also offers a number of resources and products for teens, including:
- Jeans Gems ($3.50 per complete set or $1.30 per topic set of 12), 28 devotions for middle- and high-school youth packaged in a “denim” pocket. Topics explore issues faced by youth today, such as “Temptation,” “Disappointments,” “Parents,” “Pressure,” “Self-Confidence,” “Drugs and Drinking,” “Relationships,” “Depression,” “Dating,” “Suicide,” “Stress,” and “Friends.”
To order any of the above items, visit the Web site https://shop.lwml.org or call the LWML at (800) 252-LWML (5965). To request a free LWML product catalog, call the LWML office at the number above. Products typically take about 10 days to arrive. Prices listed do not include shipping charges.
Posted Sept. 19, 2007