Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, is inviting alumni from graduating classes ending in a “1” or a “6” to its annual alumni reunion, set for May 30-June 2 on the seminary campus. Also invited are the spouses and widows of alumni from those graduating classes.
The theme of this year’s reunion is “Pastoral Formation — Then and Now.”
Making presentations will be Rev. Brian Mosemann (Class of 1991), assistant professor of theology at Concordia University, Austin, Texas; Dr. Dean O. Wenthe (Class of 1971), president and professor of exegetical theology at Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne; and Rev. David W. Wollenburg (Class of 1971), associate professor of practical theology and director of distance education at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis.
Also speaking will be Concordia Seminary President Dr. Dale A. Meyer, who will share current events and future plans at the seminary.
Reunion activities include:
- a picnic in Luther Statue Park.
- tours of the campus, including its expansion site.
- an open house at the residence of President Dale and Diane Meyer.
- an afternoon worship service, with a choir of alumni and their spouses and widows.
- a banquet in Wartburg Dining Hall.
- two events held exclusively for spouses and widows: a lunch hosted by Diane Meyer, and a brunch hosted by the Seminary Guild.
Reunion invitations and registration forms were mailed in February. Registration forms also are available on the seminary’s alumni Web site.
For more information about the reunion or to reserve a room for a class gathering, contact Alumni Relations at (314) 505-7370 or email@example.com.
Posted Feb. 23, 2006