Concordia University Irvine, Irvine, Calif., seeks applicants for the following two positions:
- Associate dean of School of Arts and Sciences. To be considered, an applicant must be a member of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, hold views congruent with the mission and goals of the university, and possess an earned doctorate.
The associate dean will assist the chief academic officer of the School of Arts and Sciences in carrying out the responsibilities for the administration of the school, including academic planning, curriculum/program review and development, instruction and faculty assessment, course scheduling, and the allocation of learning resources. Specific leadership responsibilities will be determined based on the candidate’s areas of expertise and interest. The associate dean also teaches classes in his or her academic field.
- Director of LCMS church vocations recruitment, beginning January 2007. To be considered, a candidate must be a member of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod and should possess a graduate degree in the field. This is a 12-month, faculty-level position in Christ College, the school of LCMS church vocations at Concordia University Irvine.
The position focuses on the promotion of LCMS church work vocations and the recruitment of students for these called ministries through the coordination of Concordia’s church work recruitment efforts and collaboration with enrollment services and faculty. Candidates must be willing to travel, proficient communicators through a variety of media, and ordained or commissioned ministers and on the roster of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. A graduate degree in a field related to ministry or theology is required.
To apply, send a letter of application, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, and an official application, which can be downloaded at www.cui.edu/forms/faculty_employment.pfd, to Office of the Provost, Concordia University Irvine, 1530 Concordia West, Irvine, CA 92612; email@example.com. Review of application materials begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Lutheran Senior Services, St. Louis, a multi-site, bi-state CCRC, in-home services and HUD housing provider, is seeking a president (CEO) to plan, develop, and establish policies and objectives for Lutheran Senior Services. The president/CEO will prepare and implement long- and short-term strategic plans for Lutheran Senior Services, develop and monitor budgets, prepare appropriate reports and proposals, and make recommendations for action by the Board of Directors. Candidates should have 10 years previous successful senior management experience with CCRCs, knowledge of the policies and practices of the Lutheran church, knowledge of CCRC and HUD regulations, and demonstrated community service activity. Submit resume with salary requirements by Jan. 31, 2007, to John Maurer, The Life Institute, 3966 Palm Valley Road, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082; or by e-mail to TheLifeInstitute@aol.com.
Concordia University Wisconsin, Mequon, Wis., seeks applicants for the following positions:
- Full-time faculty position in chemistry, beginning with the 2007-08 academic year. This position is in the Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences. A doctorate in chemistry is preferred, although highly qualified applicants possessing significant progress (ABD) toward a doctorate will be considered. Prior teaching experience is desirable. Teaching responsibilities include the two-semester general (inorganic) chemistry, the two-semester organic chemistry course sequences, and analytical chemistry. Additional responsibilities include student advisement, maintaining the chemical stockroom, and monitoring departmental hazardous waste.
Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
- Full-time faculty position in anatomy, beginning with the 2007-08 academic year. This position is in the Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences. A doctorate in anatomy is preferred, although highly qualified applicants possessing significant progress (ABD) toward a doctorate will be considered. Prior teaching experience is desirable. Teaching responsibilities include teaching gross human anatomy (dissection course) and neuroanatomy in the DPT and MOT programs (on-campus and Web-based), and teaching undergraduate anatomy and physiology courses and other upper division courses in specialty (e.g., comparative anatomy, developmental biology) for the department of natural sciences. Additional responsibilities include maintaining the human anatomy dissection laboratory to include procuring cadavers and preparing pro-sections.
- Full-time faculty position in the theology department, beginning August 2007. This position is in the Department of Theology and Philosophy in the School of Arts and Sciences.
The candidate must be an ordained minister of the LCMS. A doctorate in a field related to exegetical theology is preferred, although highly qualified applicants possessing significant progress (ABD) toward a doctorate will be considered. Teaching responsibilities include primarily Greek language courses, but preference will be given the candidate who can also teach Hebrew and other biblical-content courses. The position is open until filled.
Concordia University Wisconsin seeks candidates committed to excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching within a Lutheran Christian university setting and those who strongly support the mission of Concordia University Wisconsin. A doctoral degree is normally required, but a candidate with a master’s degree who is willing and able to pursue a doctorate may be considered. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, and a completed application to Ms. Barbara Banner, Director of Human Resources, Department: (choose appropriate reference) CHEM, ANAT, or THEO/PHIL, Concordia University Wisconsin, 12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, Mequon, WI 53097; human.resources@