Concordia University at Austin seeks a provost to direct and accomplish the academic mission of the university. Reporting to the president, the person in this position will provide visionary leadership for all aspects of academic and student life, including coordinating, developing, and improving academic programs; overseeing the work of the faculty; supervising and consulting with the academic deans of the colleges of Business, Education, Liberal Arts, and Adult Education. Also supervises the deans for student services and enrollment management to facilitate plans for enrollment expansion and well-rounded student life programming. The provost is responsible for the library and the registrar’s office.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess an earned doctorate, an outstanding record of teaching and at least five years of successful leadership in higher education, senior administrative experience preferably at the level of dean or higher, and demonstrated experience with fiscal management and resource allocation. Further, we seek an individual who has a commitment to the mission of developing Christian leaders. The provost must be a member of a congregation of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod.
- An educational leader and community builder, committed to advancing the mission of the university.
- Ability to integrate curricular and co-curricular in accomplishing the mission of the university.
- A strong advocate of student success achieved through alignment of academic programs with outreach, recruitment, and retention efforts.
- A strong fiscal manager.
- Knowledge of SACS accreditation process, principles, guidelines, and procedures.
- Strategic planning skills to effect change, formulate policy, and develop and implement new strategies and procedures.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
The Search Committee invites applicants to send a letter of interest, vita, names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references and transcripts to Search Committee — Provost, 3400 IH 35 North, Austin, TX 78705 or electronically to email@example.com. Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made.
A complete position description can be viewed at www.concordia.edu.
Posted Sept. 11, 2006