The Concordia Seminary (St. Louis) Chorus will perform choral music for the season of Advent at Lutheran churches in five cities during its tour next month.
All of the presentations, except those in Wausau, Wis., will include an expanded choral version of “Evening Prayer” that encourages the participation of the congregation in hymns and psalms.
Performances are scheduled for the following sites:
- Belvidere, Ill. — 7 p.m. Dec. 9 at Immanuel Lutheran Church.
- Green Bay, Wis. — 7 p.m. Dec. 10 at Faith Lutheran Church.
- Reedsburg, Wis. — 3:30 p.m. Dec. 11 at St. Peter Lutheran Church.
- St. Louis — 7 p.m. Dec. 7 at Chapel of the Cross Lutheran Church.
- St. Louis — 3 p.m. Dec. 4 at the Chapel of St. Timothy and St. Titus, Concordia Seminary campus.
- Wausau, Wis. — 7:30, 9, and 10:30 a.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church.
The touring choir of the Concordia Seminary Chorus consists of about two dozen students who are preparing to become pastors in The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. They represent a portion of the full chorus, with 80 or more voices.
Rev. Henry V. Gerike directs both choirs.
Posted Oct. 27, 2005