ST. LOUIS—Delegates to the 62nd Regular convention of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod completed elections Wednesday (July 14) for numerous boards and commissions.
The election results, listed by board and commission, include:
• Board for District and Congregational Services: Ordained — Rev. Juan A. Gonzalez, Lorain, Ohio. Commissioned—Natalie J. Sabol, Jasper, Minn. At-large — David E. Bruns, Topeka, Kan.; Carla M. Claussen, New Brighton, Minn.
• Board for Pastoral Education: Ordained — Rev. Steven C. Briel, Maple Grove, Minn.; Rev. Donald K. Muchow, Buda, Texas. Laypersons — John M. Behrendt, Fort Wayne, Ind.; Gillian Bond, Socorro, N.M.; Richard G. Schaefer, Bayside, N.Y.; W. Ronald YaDeau, Decatur, Ill.
• Board for University Education: Ordained — Rev. Daniel N. Jastram, St. Paul, Minn. Commissioned — Paul R. Schilf, Brandon, S.D. Laypersons — Nancy Drews, Beaverton, Ore.; Elmer Gooding, Tempe, Ariz.
• Board for Mission Services: Ordained — Rev. Paul N. Anderson, Baton Rouge, La.; Rev. Eloy S. Gonzalez, San Antonio, Texas. Laypersons — John Shaud, Springfield, Va.; Virginia Von Seggern, Orchard, Neb.
• Commission on Theology and Church Relations: Ordained — Rev. Armand Boehme, Waseca, Minn. Commissioned — Kenneth Palmreuter, Denver, Colo. Layperson — Shirley Bergman, Seward, Neb.
• CPH Board of Directors: Ordained — Rev. Roger Sonnenberg, Arcadia, Calif. Commissioned — Gene E. Veith, Cedarburg, Wis. Laypersons — David Domsch, Independence, Mo.; Robert Knox, Geneva, Ill.; Ruth N. Koch, Denver, Colo.
• LCEF Board of Directors: Ordained — Rev. David Belasic, Cheektowaga, N.Y. Laypersons — Kermit Brashear, Omaha, Neb.; Joseph R. Carabell, Shelby, Mich.
• Board of Regents, Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, Ind.: Ordained — Rev. John H. Kieschnick, Houston, Texas. Layperson —Miriam E. Hoelter, Portland, Ore.; Clifford Meints, Indianola, Iowa.
• Board of Regents, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, Mo.: Ordained — Rev. John G. Nordling, Waco, Texas. Laypersons — James F. Ralls Jr., Kansas City, Mo.; John D. Wittenmyer, Houston, Texas.
Posted July 15, 2004