Conception. Pregnancy. Abortion. Abortifacient. Those words today are in a rhetorical swamp where contesting religious, medical and political views muddy understanding.
Tag Archives - supreme court
The brief relates to upcoming Supreme Court cases — involving Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties — that resulted from the Affordable Care Act and its Health and Human Services’ mandate.
Matt Bowman, senior legal counsel for the Alliance Defending Freedom, talks with LCMS members in a Jan. 23 webinar on the challenges to Americans’ religious freedoms.
It’s only a matter of time before the justices are likely to consider a new wave of state restrictions.
Federal officials ask the U.S. Supreme Court to review the government mandate that private companies offer employees birth-control coverage despite the business owner’s moral objections.
Responding to the June 26 decision striking down part of a federal law defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman, the LCMS issues a statement saying “we are saddened for our nation, even as we call our fellow Christians to faithfulness and prayer.”
Stories & ArticlesLooking for an article or story?
View stories & articles by topic
- Eight schools gain NLSA ‘exemplary’ status March 7, 2014
- ALMA draw: ‘making connections,’ ‘sharing ideas’ March 7, 2014
- Board, COP set same regions for 2016 convention March 6, 2014
- Congregations ratify ‘circuit visitor’ convention action March 6, 2014
- Harrison shares Lenten message March 6, 2014
- LCMS Church Information Center: Here is a link to a map with the regions listed: h...
- Keith Freie: Is it possible for you to send a listing of congre...
- Chris Browne: I'm interested in the answer to this, also!...
- Dr. Paul Vasconcellos: I just read about you, Michael, in a Concordia, Se...
- Delwyn Xavier Campbell: I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand,...