The brief relates to upcoming Supreme Court cases — involving Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties — that resulted from the Affordable Care Act and its Health and Human Services’ mandate.
Tag Archives - religious freedom
Matt Bowman, senior legal counsel for the Alliance Defending Freedom, talks with LCMS members in a Jan. 23 webinar on the challenges to Americans’ religious freedoms.
Suzan Johnson Cook, the State Department’s ambassador-at-large for international religious freedom, is expected to announce that she is resigning after 17 months on the job.
A statement by the Rev. Bart Day, Executive Director, Office of National Mission On Thursday, May 23, 2013, a vote changed history. The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) voted yesterday to end its 103-year ban on allowing gay Scouts in the organization. Prior to the vote, The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) spoke against this proposed […]
A resolution to allow North Carolina to defy the Constitution and establish a state-sanctioned religion may be dead in the state capitol, but minority faiths say there’s more than enough reason to remain nervous.
Hoping to learn more about interfaith partnerships and religious freedom in the United States, four Christian and Muslim visitors from Kazakhstan meet with LCMS officials March 8 in St. Louis.
Stories & ArticlesLooking for an article or story?
View stories & articles by topic
- Eight schools gain NLSA ‘exemplary’ status March 7, 2014
- ALMA draw: ‘making connections,’ ‘sharing ideas’ March 7, 2014
- Board, COP set same regions for 2016 convention March 6, 2014
- Congregations ratify ‘circuit visitor’ convention action March 6, 2014
- Harrison shares Lenten message March 6, 2014
- LCMS Church Information Center: Here is a link to a map with the regions listed: h...
- Keith Freie: Is it possible for you to send a listing of congre...
- Chris Browne: I'm interested in the answer to this, also!...
- Dr. Paul Vasconcellos: I just read about you, Michael, in a Concordia, Se...
- Delwyn Xavier Campbell: I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand,...