On March 25, the Supreme Court explores the murky territory where an employer’s religious rights collide with the interests of its employees or the government.
Tag Archives - hobby lobby
Synod President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison gives reasons why Americans need to discuss issues in the U.S. Supreme Court case against the Affordable Care Act.
The national debate over gay marriage morphs into a fight over the dividing line between religious liberty and anti-gay discrimination.
Conception. Pregnancy. Abortion. Abortifacient. Those words today are in a rhetorical swamp where contesting religious, medical and political views muddy understanding.
The brief relates to upcoming Supreme Court cases — involving Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties — that resulted from the Affordable Care Act and its Health and Human Services’ mandate.
- Speckhard named president, CEO of LWR April 17, 2014
- Holy Week music: Church brings back Bach April 17, 2014
- Exsultet and the Preface for the Great Vigil of Easter April 15, 2014
- LCMS congregation shows mercy after stabbings April 15, 2014
- Urgently needed: Laborers to build ‘for glory of God’ April 15, 2014