The national debate over gay marriage morphs into a fight over the dividing line between religious liberty and anti-gay discrimination.
Tag Archives - Free to Be Faithful
The brief relates to upcoming Supreme Court cases — involving Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties — that resulted from the Affordable Care Act and its Health and Human Services’ mandate.
Matt Bowman, senior legal counsel for the Alliance Defending Freedom, talks with LCMS members in a Jan. 23 webinar on the challenges to Americans’ religious freedoms.
Indiana District President Rev. Daniel May and Synod President Rev. Dr. Matthew Harrison are working together to strengthen — and safeguard — traditional marriage in Indiana.
On November 22, 2013, a Federal District Court in Wisconsin held that the clergy housing allowance is unconstitutional. Specifically, the judge entered an Order and Opinion declaring 26 U.S.C. Section 107(2) unenforceable because it violates the First and Fifth Amendments to the United States Constitution. The judge entered an order enjoining the IRS from enforcing […]
An Oct. 7 letter from LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison to church workers advises congregations to make their own decisions on whether or not they will sponsor troops with the Boy Scouts of America.
Stories & ArticlesLooking for an article or story?
View stories & articles by topic
- Eight schools gain NLSA ‘exemplary’ status March 7, 2014
- ALMA draw: ‘making connections,’ ‘sharing ideas’ March 7, 2014
- Board, COP set same regions for 2016 convention March 6, 2014
- Congregations ratify ‘circuit visitor’ convention action March 6, 2014
- Harrison shares Lenten message March 6, 2014
- LCMS Church Information Center: Here is a link to a map with the regions listed: h...
- Keith Freie: Is it possible for you to send a listing of congre...
- Chris Browne: I'm interested in the answer to this, also!...
- Dr. Paul Vasconcellos: I just read about you, Michael, in a Concordia, Se...
- Delwyn Xavier Campbell: I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand,...